Marvin Infinity(Integrity) compared to Vinyl brands

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Jacob28

Marvin Infinity(Integrity) compared to Vinyl brands

#1 Post by Jacob28 »

I live in Kentucky and I am on the market for the replacement windows. I started with fibergrlass option and the only vendors here(at least that's what I found) carry Marvin products, Infinity or Integrity.

For a window size 35x44 with standard set of options (white, double pane glass) with screens I was quoted around $860(integrity)-$920(infinity) per window.

What will be the brand/type of vinyl windows that are comparable by quality to Marvin's fiberglass models? And what are the quotes that I should expect for such comparable models?

I'll appreciate all comments/suggestions.

ranger

Re: Marvin Infinity(Integrity) compared to Vinyl brands

#2 Post by ranger »

Those prices for fiberglass are normal,sometimes it's much more.
For vinyl, a high grade vinyl, that compares to the aforementioned would be the Okna 800 enviro-star, sunrise restorations, soft lite elements. In fact, these vinyl windows actually have better performance and structural ratings than fiberglass.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Let me start off by stating that we sell fiberglass so I am in no way anti-fiberglass.

That being said, when comparing nearly every performance measurement between the two window materials (Marvin Infinity/Integrity) and premium vinyl (Soft-Lite, Okna, Sunrise, Gorell), the vinyl will give you better thermal, structural, and air infiltration performance.

Do not get wrapped into the hype that fiberglass is going to be stronger because premium vinyl has all the structure that you could ever need built into it.

What fiberglass does hold over vinyl is that it has more structure at narrower profiles (i.e. more glass and thinner frames) and has a construction look and type that is more akin to a wood window (i.e. butt joinery, no weld markings, glue and screwed).

What is important to you?

Jacob28

#4 Post by Jacob28 »

The problem that I face is that neither Soft-lite or Okna have dealer representation in our area (Louisville, KY), at least the dealer locator at their respective websites fails to locate one. Gorell, as a generic name, is mentioned in only one vendor's site (americanwindowsusa.com).
So, if I want to install these models I have to go to the individual installers, at least that's what I understand.

With Marvin Infinity/Integrity products - what are specific models in the mentioned lines of vinyl windows that, in your opinion, are comparable or better?

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Sunrise is another good brand that might be available in your area and compares favorably to the Infinity because it too has a very narrow profile.

The Infinity is a still a very good window and if you are happy with the window and the company, that is a pretty good price.

Jacob28

#6 Post by Jacob28 »

WoW- thank you for the quick reply!

I am confused between "Integrity" and "Infinity" lines of product. What I understand is that "Integrity" is a replacement window that can be installed by individual installers or companies. "Infinity", on the other hand, can be installed only by Marvin dealers. In respect to the window properties "Integrity" has DP40-rated performance and "Infinity" has DP30, based on their calalogs data. From my perspective this is not much of a difference at all.

Do you know of any other differences between the two and what are they, if any?

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Integrity was originally for new construction applications and was previously (to my knowledge) based on the stock size program.

Infinity is intended for the retrofit (replacement/insert) installation.

Infinity is all Ultrex (fiberglass) and has a bit more finished look to it as compared to the Integrity.

Integrity has the option of the real wood interior.

The DP difference is more to do with the ability of the Infinity to shed water. DP-30 is okay for replacement windows.