MI EnergyCore Windows - Anyone have any info?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Delaware Mike

Re: MI EnergyCore Windows - Anyone have any info?

#16 Post by Delaware Mike »

When do the engineers ever listen to the mechanics? Everything works so nice in the lab doesn't it? I'm all for MI trying to increase the quality of their products as I feel it's a step in the right direction for them. I know many installers that like to toss sill angles so they can cap right into the bottom accessory grove. If the installer chooses to go that route with weep holes it can present a caulking problem if he is careful running his bead of sealant.

Windows on Washington

#17 Post by Windows on Washington »

I appreciate the revised design on the pocket sill but I am still not that much of a fan.

At the end of the day, you are relying on that weep system to maintain its effectiveness.

I also am not a fan of the amount of water that will remain in the pocket/extrusion as the weep cover is certainly punched at a lever where it is a bit higher than the lower edge of the extrusion that holds the water.

The window does not look bad at all though and it is nice to see some product evolution from MI.

HomeSealed

#18 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 to all of DM and WoW's points. :D