Milgard Tuscany vs. Ply Gem Pro 200

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!

Milgard Tuscany vs. Ply Gem Pro 200

#1 Post by 1234 »

I recently got some quotes on Windows from different companies and have narrowed it down to Milgard Tuscany and Ply Gem Pro 200. For my 17 windows and 1 patio door, there is a $2,000 difference between the companies (Tuscany is higher). I live in Southern California. Both companies are offering lifetime warranties on both parts and labor, and according to one salesman the Ply Gem is similar quality to the Tuscany, but according to another the Tuscany is far higher quality. Both companies install both brands. If all things are close, I'd rather save the $2,000 and go with Ply Gem (like the look, seem to be pretty good) but was hoping for some opinions on here.

Thanks in advance.

HomeSealed

Re: Milgard Tuscany vs. Ply Gem Pro 200

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

IMO, the Milgard product is a fine, middle-of the-road choice. I like the PlyGem products that are sourced from Great Lakes, however, if I'm not mistaken, the west coast product is completely different. There is a pro here called Superior Windows located out that way that is not fond of it.

#3 Post by 1234 »

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's a different product in the West. They have separate warranties and everything (from what I've seen on their website). Thanks for the reply.

DRE11

#4 Post by DRE11 »

The Ply Gem Pro Series 200 window is one of the best products manufactured our industry. It is manufactured in Corona CA, one of the 3 West Coast plants and of the 22 plants Ply Gem has nationally. Its backed with one of the strongest warranties in the industry, not only Lifetime on parts and labor but trasnferable for 20 years, You can visit www.plygemwindows.com for any additional information you need on our products. Thank you for your interest in Ply Gem Windows.

#5 Post by 1234 »

Thanks for the reply. Anyone else have experiences with the Ply Gem Pro 200?

jeff1995

#6 Post by jeff1995 »

I am in SoCal. I have liked the Ply-Gem products but they do not offer glass breakage warranty. As long as you stay in the Pro series it is comparable to the Tuscany line from Milgard.

Mark D

#7 Post by Mark D »

A month ago, I had 8 windows replaced with Plygem Professional Series 200 windows. Triple-Pane Low e. They look nice. It is alot quieter inside the house now. They seal good, but haven't had any real wind yet to check the seal. The locks are decent design. The real test of the windows will be this January....
So far, I'm happy with the windows. The install company did a good job.
They were installed by Procraft Windows - Mountlake Terrace -Seattle. The salesman was shady and dishonest in how he did his selling.
My other choice from a different install company was Tuscany for about $500 less....
I went with the Plygem windows because the install company had about 1000 recent installs and I wanted the company with the most install experience.
(Procraft Windows - Mountlake Terrace - Seattle - has dishonest salesmen. They show a Premium window and then sell you Professional windows for the Premium price.)

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

Soooo, if they are shady and dishonest,then why did you go with them? No matter how much experience they have, that disqualifies them immediately in my book. Quantity does not equal quality.

ranger

#9 Post by ranger »

The salesman was shady ...well, you knew this Before you signed a contract but yet you dd it anyway ??? This is not only odd, it's humorous. I thought I heard it all, this takes the cake.
Reminds me of the car salesman that sold a brand new car and the customer claimed he was ripped off because it had 200,000 miles on it.