Cost for schuco windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
asys016

Cost for schuco windows

#1 Post by asys016 »

Hi I was recently quoted a price for the Shuco Triple Pane double Hung at about $500 installed and included wrapping the exterior and the sills. Is this a good buy. The whole window game gives me a headache, but I have heard a lot of good feedbacck about Shuco. Any comments are appeciated

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#2 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

I don't sell Schuco, but it's one of the best replacement windows in the world. The price you mentioned is also excellent. Now check out the dealer and their reputation and call some of their references. Excellent window......great price...........if it's a good quality dealer you've hit a home run in your first try at the bat.

usmarine0352

#3 Post by usmarine0352 »

Prices vary per state.

I know it's usually much cheaper for labor in other states then mine.

But that sounds like a GREAT deal, and SCHUCO's are GREAT windows. You won't be dissappointed.

jdegeorge

Schuco Prices

#4 Post by jdegeorge »

I just got a quote last night for 18 Schuco windows, averaging about $900 per window. You got a GREAT deal, if the dealer is reputable, etc., etc.

Who was the dealer?
Last edited by jdegeorge on Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asys016

#5 Post by asys016 »

Omaha Door and Window in Omaha Nebraska

Window_Shopper

#6 Post by Window_Shopper »

$500 installed? That sounds like a great price. There was another post by someone about getting Schuco windows for about $430 each from the dealer without installation. Sounds like with installation you're getting a great deal.

jdegeorge, at about $900 per window, sounds like it's a little high. I've heard that installers tack on 100% of the window price for the labor, so if the window sells for $430, the total package should be $860 per window or something like that. If what I heard is true, then your price is about $40 too much per window.

I'm not a window salesman or installer. Just someone who's doing research for my own upcoming purchase.

ode

Re: Cost for schuco windows

#7 Post by ode »

asys016 wrote:Hi I was recently quoted a price for the Shuco Triple Pane double Hung at about $500 installed and included wrapping the exterior and the sills. Is this a good buy. The whole window game gives me a headache, but I have heard a lot of good feedbacck about Shuco. Any comments are appeciated
What size are the windows and are they with Krypton? It sounds like a really good price. Since you are getting the house wrapped I assume this is new constuction, which is a lot easier to install than a replacement job.

Companies who are used to installing new construction windows will probably quote about $30 - $60 to install. Companies are focused on replacement windows typically don't give the best prices for new construction installs, they just don't seem to get it that there is not a whole lot of work to do on a new construction install.

FYI- Just to wrap my 2000 square foot envelope with Tyvek is going to cost me $1100 (at least that's what I've been quoted).