Performance Values For Gorell

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
JamesTown

Performance Values For Gorell

#1 Post by JamesTown »

Hi, I'm looking for a list of performance values for Gorell windows. I was able to get a hold of one such sheet but it's just for the 5300 picture windows. I would like to see values for each glass package applied to each model and style of window. Or at least the double-hungs 5100 and 5300. Does anyone know where I can find such sheet?

HomeSealed

Re: Performance Values For Gorell

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

All of that info can be found at NFRC.org, although it can be kind of difficult to navigate. You could simply ask the dealer that quoted you for that info, or at least for the CPD#'s of each unit so you can look it up yourself more easily on nfrc.

JamesTown

#3 Post by JamesTown »

HomeSealed wrote:All of that info can be found at NFRC.org, although it can be kind of difficult to navigate. You could simply ask the dealer that quoted you for that info, or at least for the CPD#'s of each unit so you can look it up yourself more easily on nfrc.
Yes, it's very difficult to navigate. I'm glad I'm not the only one who things so! I've not had any quotes yet but I'll try to get those CPD#s.

Thanks

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Just for ballpark u-value reference, you can expect the 5300 to come .02 worse (numerically higher) on the double hungs, and another .01 worse on the sliders. 5100 series is then .01-.02 worse than the 5300 depending on options, size, etc. Casements will be very close to the quoted picture window #'s.... In dh, the Acmaster will qualify for energy star @ .29-.30 in the 5300, whereas the 5100 needs Ecomaster to get the .30 or better. Those are for the northern region requirements.

JamesTown

#5 Post by JamesTown »

HomeSealed wrote:Just for ballpark u-value reference, you can expect the 5300 to come .02 worse (numerically higher) on the double hungs, and another .01 worse on the sliders. 5100 series is then .01-.02 worse than the 5300 depending on options, size, etc. Casements will be very close to the quoted picture window #'s.... In dh, the Acmaster will qualify for energy star @ .29-.30 in the 5300, whereas the 5100 needs Ecomaster to get the .30 or better. Those are for the northern region requirements.
Thanks that's very helpful!