How does this quote sound?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Yorktown Doug

Re: How does this quote sound?

#16 Post by Yorktown Doug »

The two gentlemen that were there last night rep for both Gorell and Softlite. The two windows quoted were Gorell 5300 and Softlite Pro. According to them, both excellent windows, with same pricing. I do in fact have an appointment w/an Okna rep this coming Monday, and need to schedule an appt. with Sunrise. Which Sunrise window would be equivalent to the Gorell 5300/Okna 800/and Softlite Pro (although I am not sure the Softlite pro belongs in here after reading this website).
Thanks

HomeSealed

#17 Post by HomeSealed »

The Softlite Pro is a fine choice, although the Elements/Imperial LS would be the apples to apples comparison... In Sunrise, it would be the Restorations/Vanguard.

Yorktown Doug

#18 Post by Yorktown Doug »

Thanks for the information - just for the record, I originally requested to review the Imperial LS but the distributor told me he was unable to get those windows in my location. I'll def. take a look at the Sunrise Restorations/Vanguards as well though.

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

Did you speak with someone @ Softlite directly? I'd be surprised if they have neither an LS or Elements dealer in your area.

Yorktown Doug

#20 Post by Yorktown Doug »

Not directly to Soft-lite, no. This was the distributor whom I assume was directed to me through this web site possibly, or he may have been directed to me through the Soft-lite site, I'm not really sure. I will call them directly to see if I can find an LS dealer locally.
Thanks-

HomeSealed

#21 Post by HomeSealed »

That's what I'd recommend. I believe that they have a dealer finder function on their site, otherwise a phone call works as well. :D

Yorktown Doug

#22 Post by Yorktown Doug »

HomeSealed, I have seen your name listed as a highly regarded reference for people in the Milwaukee area numerous times, and on more than just this board. Do you know of any reputable installers/dealers in the Yorktown VA area (south of Richmond VA, north of VA Beach) that you would be willing to suggest? WoW doesn't come this far south =(
Thanks-

HomeSealed

#23 Post by HomeSealed »

I wish that I did Doug. WoW is my man down in that area, it is a shame that he doesn't make it that far. My best recommendation is to contact the manufacturers direct to see who their dealers are in that area. If you call, you should be able to speak to a sales manager, that way you can let them know the type of dealer that you are looking for (ie: not the high-pressure types, etc), and also let them know specifically which product that you are looking for. You'll typically find only one or maybe two dealers for a given product in any one area, so there is not going to be a huge list of choices. The products that you've mentioned so far are great choices, so that would be my best recommendation. :D

Windows on Washington

#24 Post by Windows on Washington »

Soon my friends....soon.

Doug,

I used to know a guy down in that area but I think he is retired at this point. I can ask.

Yorktown Doug

#25 Post by Yorktown Doug »

I'd appreciate any help at this point WoW - I can understand if he is retired, but maybe he knows a name? =))
Thanks a bunch guys-

windowman1952

#26 Post by windowman1952 »

I manufacturer Architectural grade commercial windows in sizes roughly 48" x 84" for that price............find some reputable competetion and do some home work before you decide. We dont make vinyl windows but if i was buying for my own home, I like AMCRAFT......good window and good warranty. Sold through ABC Supply but they only sell to installing contractors. Call them for some recommendations on names for you to contact.