california windows???

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jenny

california windows???

#1 Post by jenny »

can anyone tell me how to pick the brand of windows which would last and work best in the central valley climate? summers are 90-100, winters are 30-40. i have been pitched Anlin, Milgard, and Mercer. by 3 different installers. I have 22 windows to replace. ouch....

EcoStar Remodeling

Re: california windows???

#2 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Anlin is the best of that group. Might take a look at Amerimax and Simonton as they are likely available to you.

jenny

#3 Post by jenny »

thank you for the help. I am also looking at simonton as a result of reading the postings from this site. my only concern about anilin is they are a new company. what happens to the warranty if they were to go out of business? that is the only concern about this company. now as for simonton, which series of windows should i go with and reasons why. i would love ur input. thanks.

EcoStar Remodeling

#4 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

I'm in Northern Virginia and the Simonton offerings on the west coast are different than they are on the east coast. I would contact a Simonton dealer and have them come out and provide an estimate. You can then ask that dealer about the specific differences. I suggested Simonton because they are a large company, have been in business for a long time, are available nationally, and have a very good reputation for customer service.