Starmark vs 800???

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Yorktown Doug

Starmark vs 800???

#1 Post by Yorktown Doug »

Can anyone possibly shed some light on the differences between the Okna 800 and the Starmark window? I had an Okna rep come to the house tonight, but my intention was to view the 800 which he did not bring. He showed me the Starmark and according to him, the Starmark was the top-of-the line window. I have not seen much discussed of the Starmark here, so I am curious.
Thanks-

TheWindowNerd

Re: Starmark vs 800???

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Do you feel like you can not discuss that with the dealer?
It is their job to help you find the product you want.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

The Starmark is the top offering from Okna, although it and the 800 each have their own pros and cons, as well as different options to fit your needs. I'd agree with anthony that your dealer should be able to direct you to the appropriate product that will offer the best value for your circumstances... What I can say is that both are A+ products, so whichever is the best fit for you, you really can't go wrong.

Yorktown Doug

#4 Post by Yorktown Doug »

Thanks for the help HomeSealed. Anthony, yes I certainly could ask the dealer that question. I guess my curiosity stems from my lack of actual market/window knowledge, as well as the fact that I have read on here "occasionally" sales people will try to push one window over another due to whatever reason may be the case. I have looked for information on the Starmark here, and had not seen any, that is why I asked.
Thanks

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

There are some threads if you do a search... It is not discussed as much as it is really not a vinyl window ... If you are going with a woodgrain interior, the stainable laminate can produce some stunning results. :D

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

My concern was that you do not have trust in the person you were speaking with, which seems to stem from them not having or showing the 800. I really do understand the trust and bias angle, 50% of your job is finding the right product and 50% of your job is finding the right installation company.
I would hope that you can call the dealer and have a friendly chat about the differences and how they apply to your project, also that they can provide an 800 quote to you, over the phone, based on the 1st visit.
I agree with HS that either line will do a great job for you.

Yorktown Doug

#7 Post by Yorktown Doug »

They are coming back out next Monday and bringing both the 800, and the Starmark. I'd like to look at each of them and make a decision based from there. I don't like to always sound/be so skeptical, but this is just a really large sum of money and honestly I only want to do it once. My goal is to be one of the people with that "really good experience" feeling at the end, versus the customer who had a really horrible, and doubly expensive experience. All 4 windows I have looked at so far are very nice - so much so that I am certain any one of them would be great in my home. However as you alluded to above, the installation is the part I am concerned with. IMO, installation is the most important part of the replacement window equation (considering the 4 windows equal). So anyway, I guess I'll get to take a look on Monday-

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

You are on the right track.
You should be careful, contractors rank right up there with used car salesmen.
I think you have a good BS meter, be sure to listen to it.

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

Who is the vendor...skyline?