Looking for quality installer in West Chester, PA

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
sftl-1

Looking for quality installer in West Chester, PA

#1 Post by sftl-1 »

I live in West Chester, PA which is a western suburb if Philadelphia. Does anyone have recommendations for a top quality window seller/installer that will service my area? I've already been in contact with a company called Choice Windows in New Holland, PA who uses several mfg's including Okna & Ideal. Choice comes highly recommended by several people, but I would like a 2nd & 3rd option also.

Delaware Mike

Re: Looking for quality installer in West Chester, PA

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Has Choice already given you an estimate? If not, I'd wait until after they have been out to see you. Sounds like they have fair pricing and they have a very highly regarded product line with the OKNA brand.

sftl-1

#3 Post by sftl-1 »

Choice will be out Monday and I will probably wait as you suggest as Okna does build a quality window and Choice seems to have a good reputation.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Okna is an elite choice to be sure... As long as this installation company is trustworthy, you are in good shape. :D

sftl-1

#5 Post by sftl-1 »

The window dealer/installer (Choice) came out and measured my 28 DH windows and we mainly discussed Okna 500 windows as this is one of their top windows and also the direction I was thinking. The price quoted was very competitive compared to the numbers I've seen on this forum, but before I give them green light to go with the Okna 500 Deluxe window, what is everyone's thoughts on the 800 series and is the extra cost worth it?

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

sftl-1 wrote:The window dealer/installer (Choice) came out and measured my 28 DH windows and we mainly discussed Okna 500 windows as this is one of their top windows and also the direction I was thinking. The price quoted was very competitive compared to the numbers I've seen on this forum, but before I give them green light to go with the Okna 500 Deluxe window, what is everyone's thoughts on the 800 series and is the extra cost worth it?
It really depends on how much the cost difference is. The 800 is the top of the line and is beautiful, however the 500 is truly an excellent value that still outperforms the vast majority of other windows.... I assume you are looking at white? If almond you'd have to stick with the 500, or with a woodgrain you would need the 800.

sftl-1

#7 Post by sftl-1 »

Color is a non-issue as I'm going white. The 800's will cost $40 more per window x 28 = $1120 more...

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

sftl-1 wrote:Color is a non-issue as I'm going white. The 800's will cost $40 more per window x 28 = $1120 more...
For that small upgrade cost, I would go with the 800's. You will be getting what is easily one of the 3 best windows in the market today.