HELP - too many decisions!

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
spayneuter

HELP - too many decisions!

#1 Post by spayneuter »

I have been doing some research on this site regarding recommendations for vinyl replacement windows. From what I've read, Earthwise and Pella products do not come highly recommended. Unfortunately for me, those are the only 2 products I've received information and quotes about. I am requesting any help anyone can give to me in regards to making a decision. I am looking to replace my existing aluminum windows (original to the home - built in 1953). I am not planning to live here longer than 5 years; so, I don't need the "best of the best." I'd like a product that can provide better energy efficiency and be a good selling point to potential buyers when I decide to sell. I live in Evansville, Indiana. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Windows on Washington

Re: HELP - too many decisions!

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

You might be surprised about what you can get for what dollar.

I would high recommend that you look at some of the premium products that are recommended most often on this site. While they may come at a slight premium, they may pay for themselves with added resale on the home.

randy

Re: HELP - too many decisions!

#3 Post by randy »

I agree with WoW. Look for a Soft-lite, Sunrise, Okna, or Gorell dealer and maybe get the dealer to quote some of the lower lines from each.