Vytex/Okna/Softlite

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
infojunkie

Vytex/Okna/Softlite

#1 Post by infojunkie »

Is it true that Vytex is not highly recommended for mid-range vinyl windows? I've gotten quotes from them, an OKNA salesperson (Window on Washington) and a Window Universe (They were the cheapest). Vytex was middle. I've heard the dealing with their customer service is very bad and windows aren't great also.

I'm replacing 14 double hungs with 10 new DH's and 4 :?: :?: :) casement. I haven't had the estimate on Soft lite though, and hear they are good. Any recommendations? Am definitely limited by $$.

EcoStar Remodeling

Re: Vytex/Okna/Softlite

#2 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Since you can't get the highest quality for the lowest price, which is more important? How important is a high quality installation to you?

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

There new Fortis series looks decent, but I would not put any of their products in the same league as Okna, which is very high-end as vinyl windows go. Get another quote or two if you'd like, but I'm certain that you won't find a better combo of product, install, and a fair price than what Windows on Washington has to offer.

ranger

#4 Post by ranger »

The vytex fortis is a good window but you just hit a home run with "windows on Washington." Great window, great installs, and a great company...