Okna Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
infojunkie

Okna Windows

#1 Post by infojunkie »

After reading tons, I'm leaning towards Okna for my vinyl replacment windows. Got WOW quote for $575 DH installed and $650 for casement. Does that sound high? I'm assuming it's the entry level window ( 400 series??) I've heard they are an excellent company and that is worth something as well. There are 12 DH and 2 casements. I've read that someone got quotes in the $350.00 range on this boards. Seems weird. I'm in DC area with a 1950's brick rambler with original windows. Lot's of air blowing through the house, condensation, cold, cold cold.

I've had quotes ranging from $4200 (Window World) to $6,700 (American Windows) to $12,000 (Hodges windows) to $5,100 from Window Universe. (I think that was for more like 8 casements and 4 DH. ) I like the Okna best though. Should I try to bargain at all? :?: :)

ranger

Re: Okna Windows

#2 Post by ranger »

That's actually very good pricing for the Okna window. We are a bit higher than that but we are in a different area. As far as someone quoting 350 per window, no one is installing that particular window that cheaply. That quote you saw was found not to include capping, lowE/ argon, debris removal, or installation. It was a marketing strategy to get a prospective home owner call for an appointment. Anytime a dealer offers pricing that low, there is always a catch. As far as window world, they use Alside and it's a below average product that I could never recommend. Congrats on you finding a reputable company in WOW. Good luck and let us know how it goes. I'm sure you'll be happy.

infojunkie

#3 Post by infojunkie »

ranger wrote:That's actually very good pricing for the Okna window. We are a bit higher than that but we are in a different area. As far as someone quoting 350 per window, no one is installing that particular window that cheaply. That quote you saw was found not to include capping, lowE/ argon, debris removal, or installation. It was a marketing strategy to get a prospective home owner call for an appointment. Anytime a dealer offers pricing that low, there is always a catch. As far as window world, they use Alside and it's a below average product that I could never recommend. Congrats on you finding a reputable company in WOW. Good luck and let us know how it goes. I'm sure you'll be happy.
Thanks, I think I'll go with them. Have heard nothing but good about Okna and Windows on Washington. The members of this board helped me tremendously! Thanks for all the thoughtful and intelligent posts. :D

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Happy holidays.
You are welcome.
Do all of us a kindness and report back here after all is done.
Good choice in product and contractor.

Stranman

#5 Post by Stranman »

I just had 13 Okna 500 DHs installed and they worked out to about $490 ea. installed. Will obviously vary a bit depending on window sizes. I went thru WoW and couldn't be happier with the outcome.

ranger

#6 Post by ranger »

That's the best price I've ever seen for the 500 series. The windows were probably very small and the most simplistic install. Windows on Washington does one heck of an install though. Talk about a grand slam...
The Okna 800 EnviroStar averages around 600 per for double pane.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#7 Post by Window4U (IL) »

ranger wrote:That's the best price I've ever seen for the 500 series. The windows were probably very small and the most simplistic install. Windows on Washington does one heck of an install though. Talk about a grand slam...
The Okna 800 EnviroStar averages around 600 per for double pane.
His pricing is very close to that in my area. Different parts of the country can have different market pricing than yours.

Stranman

#8 Post by Stranman »

Correction:
The 500 series was ~$520 ea.
The 400 series was ~$490 ea.

ed007

#9 Post by ed007 »

I just had 12 OKNA 500 Deluxe triple pane installed in my house in Chicago area. All I can say it is a great window at very competitive prices offered by Window4U. I can already tell the difference in energy efficiency because the house is so much warmer in these Chicago temperatures and the furnace is kicking in much less often than before when we had old leaky single pane and storm windows. Most importantly, my wife complains now that the house is too warm and need to turn thermostat down.

TheWindowNerd

#10 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Got to love that when the wife wants to turn the heat down.
Glad to hear the great results with WOW and Window4U. Those of us who use Okna as a prefered line have similar results.

HomeSealed

#11 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Top flight window installed by two top flight companies. :D