MGM (Sienna) vs Simonton

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
mrkeller

MGM (Sienna) vs Simonton

#1 Post by mrkeller »

Does anyone have any comments on the quality of MGM Sienna vs Simonton windows?

Windows on Washington

Re: MGM (Sienna) vs Simonton

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Thermal performance appears to be very average from the NFRC and the marketing on their website leaves a bit to be desired in terms of accuracy.

Claiming that you will save nearly 33% on your utility bills is a bit far fetched to put it mildly.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

I'm not familiar with the MGM product, but as WoW alluded to, I'd suggest staying away from any company that makes energy savings claims (-if that is in fact the case). It is an unethical practice imho.
Simonton is a solid product.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Mr. Gaskins,
Thank you very much for taking the time to come on here and spend some of your valuable time to educate the consumers (and pros) here about your products. Besides Wayne Gorell I'm not sure if we've ever had the head of a window company share with us.
I have never seen your windows before, but I do like the fact that you use true sloped sills windows instead of using pockets sills and running rainwater through your sills.
Good luck to you sir and thanks for sharing.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. That was a very thoughtful and informative post. I've yet to look at the product, but your comments certainly reflect well on MGM. :D

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Window4U (IL) wrote:Mr. Gaskins,
Thank you very much for taking the time to come on here and spend some of your valuable time to educate the consumers (and pros) here about your products. Besides Wayne Gorell I'm not sure if we've ever had the head of a window company share with us.
I have never seen your windows before, but I do like the fact that you use true sloped sills windows instead of using pockets sills and running rainwater through your sills.
Good luck to you sir and thanks for sharing.
+1

It is great to see a contribution from the manufacturer.

I was referring to this statement on your site: The typical household spends $1,900/year on energy bills. With ENERGY STAR products, you can save nearly $600 on energy bills.

http://www.siennawindows.com/qualified- ... cient.html

While it is clear that you refer to Energy Star products, without knowing any thing about the home, that is an impossible question. I did not mean to impune your company because you are clearly not claiming your windows will save 33%.

In this day and age with so many companies claiming "X" in savings, I probably latched onto that statement a bit hard. Sorry for any confusion and sentiment that my remarks may have construed. They were not intended to question your ethics.

I would only add that a customer reading that page will likely assume that that 33% is coming from the windows. People will read and see what they want to see.

I too welcome your input and am sorry for any confusion my remarks created.

Thanks again for the posting and contribution.