How are replacement windows priced?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
FenEx

#31 Post by FenEx »

Now that you have made your product decision it's time to start researching proper installation techniques. The saga continues... lol.

jdegeorge

#32 Post by jdegeorge »

I'm alread on the case, FenEx! I installed the replacement windows in my last home...small ranch...not too many windows. Yes, the Home Depot variety. :-)

I know what's involved (shimming and all that). Rest assured that I'll be watching every move they make. :shock:

FenEx

#33 Post by FenEx »

<Meanwhile... back at the ranch...> jde watches carefully with binoculars from the neighbors tree as to not make the installers aware of his presence. Armed with a micrometer and digital manometer he patiently awaits the crew to head out for lunch... giving him the window of opportunity he so desperately desires....

Tune in next week... as our story continues.... <go to commercial>

jdegeorge

Re: Reply

#34 Post by jdegeorge »

FenEx wrote:<Meanwhile... back at the ranch...> jde watches carefully with binoculars from the neighbors tree as to not make the installers aware of his presence. Armed with a micrometer and digital manometer he patiently awaits the crew to head out for lunch... giving him the window of opportunity he so desperately desires....

Tune in next week... as our story continues.... <go to commercial>
You've got a great sense of humor. I like that! But, I don't like heights so I'll probably hide behind the neighbor's bushes instead of being in the tree!

jdegeorge

#35 Post by jdegeorge »

:D
Last edited by jdegeorge on Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HipKat

#36 Post by HipKat »

Anyone who knows anything about sales, knows that intelligent consumers don't buy price, or cost, they buy value. And big discounts do not add up to greater value.
Actually, as shpown here, big discounts add up to lack of trust.

jdegeorge

#37 Post by jdegeorge »

Last edited by jdegeorge on Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FenEx

#38 Post by FenEx »

OK george.. time for the threads to move on now. Let's address some new concerns for others.

windowman pa

jdegeorge

#39 Post by windowman pa »

good luck
Last edited by windowman pa on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steelersfan

Re: jdegeorge

#40 Post by steelersfan »

windowman pa wrote:Why are you bashing Morris? its America you can say no! :oops: gooooooooood luck with your RBA :D
You sure can say no but the 'Its America I can do what I wan' crap is just an excuse for sleezy sales tactics.

I'm sure many an older person on a fixed income has been snagged by these tactics and probabaly put off heating their house properly or paying for their drugs or medical needs.

Don't some of these sales guys have a conscience?

windowman pa

good luck1

#41 Post by windowman pa »

good luck

Scott1q1

Micrometers

#42 Post by Scott1q1 »

I actually once had a customer check the dow foam we put on his house with a micrometer. We used the 3/4" because it had a sort of tongue and groove, a little better than the square edged stuff.

Unfortunately it only measured 5/8", I explained to him it had probably been compressed a little. But nooo, he was not gunna give up that 1/8".

We ended up making the siding wholesaler replace it and re-installing it before siding the house.

So watch the micrometer jokes!!

FenEx

#43 Post by FenEx »

LOL Scott.. sorry. The law actually protects contractors by the rule of standard practices and products. Just as a 2x4 is actually 1-1/2" x 3-1/2". Your homeowner didn't have a leg to stand on legally, but it's admirable that you took the next step.

jdegeorge

#44 Post by jdegeorge »

Last edited by jdegeorge on Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#45 Post by VRWAdmin »

There has been no editing of this thread by the Administrators. Posters can edit posts if they wish.

With that said we would recommend that this thread be brought to a close. Poster jdegeorge has been quite clear about his feelings on pricing tactics as they relate to sales, and why he ultimately made his purchase decision.

Thank you.

Win Board Admin