Wincor7700 Amcraft grand estates or NT Presidental

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Snoofy6

Wincor7700 Amcraft grand estates or NT Presidental

#1 Post by Snoofy6 »

I live in Spring texas and can't decide which window gives you the most for your money.

the choices are

1.) Wincore 7700

2.) Amcraft Grand Estates Premium plus

3.) Nt Presidential series

i would like to know which one is best and to what Models in other brands do they compare. Also, are the models best for the money or should i get a different model in these brands.

randy

Re: Wincor7700 Amcraft grand estates or NT Presidental

#2 Post by randy »

All three are considered mid-range, in terms of quality construction and performance. Having said that, of the ones listed, I prefer the NT Presidential as it comes standard with internal sash reinforcement (a must in our climate) and the Enviroseal spacer (Super Spacer).

The Wincore uses the Intercept Spacer, which isn't quite as good, especially the tin version (stainless steel is the better version), and it does not come standard with sash reinforcement.

The Amcraft window also uses the Intercept Spacer, but you can upgrade to the optional Super Spacer, which I would recommend. It also does not come standard with sash reinforcement. It is the nicest looking of the three, in my opinion.

How long do you intend to stay in the home? If you intend to be there for a long while, I would recommend looking at some of the premium brands of vinyl windows like Soft-lite or Sunrise, and I would at least take a look at a thermally-broken aluminum window since they hold up so well in the extreme heat.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Snoofy, I'm not sure if Spring, TX is in randy's service area, but if so you'd be very well served to contact him. I agree that the choices mentioned are all midrange, and he carries lines that will offer superior performance, as well as the fact that you won't find anyone more knowledgeable or ethical down there.

Snoofy6

#4 Post by Snoofy6 »

THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE.
WHAT DO YOU THINK A FAIR PRICE WOULD BE INSTALLED ON THE
NT WINDOWS AND THE SIMONTON 5500? LETS SAY FOR AN ORIEL STYLE
DOUBLE HUNG WITH DOUBLE STRENGTH GLASS AND 366 LOe COMMON SIZE WINDOW.

ALSO, WOULD THE HIGHER QUALITY OF LOe BE ESSENTIAL IF MY WINDOW IS NOT IN
DIRECT SUNLIGHT

THE HARDEST PART FOR ME IS TO FIND A COMPANY THAT ISN'T ABOUT SELLING
YOU A PARTICULAR WINDOW BECAUSE THEY GET THE MOST RETURN ON THEM. I HAVE FOUND THAT THESE GUYS ARE DEAD SET ON SELLING YOU THAT WINDOW AND WILL GIVE YOU A PRICE ON THE WINDOW YOU ARE MOST INTERESTED IN THAT IS SO HIGH YOU WON'T CONSIDER THEM.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

snoofy,

+1 to HomeSealed's advice.

If Randy serves you area, you would be well advised to try to contact him. Randy does not sell product "x" because that is what he gets a spiff on vs. product "y".

The pros that use the products they do on here do so because they are the best products available.

Randy also has a great deal of installation and materials expertise that he relies on to properly assess the needs of the customer.

I am not a huge fan of the 5500 as compared to the other brands that Randy sells and it is really tough to put one's finger on pricing for a given region.

Snoofy6

#6 Post by Snoofy6 »

On average, can these brands you speak of be had for around 420.00 per window installed.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

I don't think you will find a premium product installed for anywhere near that number regardless of where you live.

Snoofy6

#8 Post by Snoofy6 »

Regarding the length of stay in my home, i'll be there for no more then 3 years. i'm looking for 10 windows at 420.00 per window averaged. I have five 6' by 3' windows. two of those will be oriel with colonial grids. above one is a half circle with grids. I have two tiny sliders in the bathroom and one 24" by 36". the largest window is a slider on the back of the house. Which brand will give me the most for the buck at arounf 420.00 per window installed give or take a tiny bit?

randy

#9 Post by randy »

Wow! Those prices are incredibly low. We could never, with proper installation, get down to that pricing level.

If you only intend to stay 3 years, then any of the windows you mentioned are fine, though my preference would still be the NT Presidential. If you decide to go with one of the other lines, I'd highly recommend upgrading to the reinforced sashes.

To answer an earlier question you asked, yes you definitely want a low-solar low-e, which will put the SHGC in the .19 - .21 range.

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

Snoofy6 wrote:Regarding the length of stay in my home, i'll be there for no more then 3 years. i'm looking for 10 windows at 420.00 per window averaged. I have five 6' by 3' windows. two of those will be oriel with colonial grids. above one is a half circle with grids. I have two tiny sliders in the bathroom and one 24" by 36". the largest window is a slider on the back of the house. Which brand will give me the most for the buck at arounf 420.00 per window installed give or take a tiny bit?
Not only will you not find a premium window, you won't even find anything halfway decent for $420 with that option content. 36 x 72 is huge and over the 101ui threshold, then add oriel, grids, and a half-round? ... I can't see that happening unless there are guys working for peanuts down there. If by give or take a tiny bit you mean a couple hundred dollars, then sure. :mrgreen:

Snoofy6

#11 Post by Snoofy6 »

Thats what i'm struggling with. i would be willing to sacrifice the three small windows to bump up what i can spend on the larger ones. If each one of the small one's lets say would run me arounf 275 a piece, that would free up 825.00. that would give me an additional 117.00 a window. Also would i even want to consider upgrading the half round that much being that there are no moving components. if i did that that, i would have 537.00 per window to spend. What would be the best window to buy in that case?

randy

#12 Post by randy »

Since the half-round is above one of the 36 x 72 double hungs, it must be done. If you're willing to leave off some smaller windows, and use the savings to move into a better window, you could get into the Soft-lite Bainbridge which outperforms any of the windows you've gotten quotes on so far.

Snoofy6

#13 Post by Snoofy6 »

What glass would the bainbridge come with at that price point you think?

Snoofy6

#14 Post by Snoofy6 »

just to make myself clear, i want to do the half round. I just want to know if it would be a waist of money using a higher quality window for that one being that it is a stationary window.

randy

#15 Post by randy »

Snoofy6 wrote:What glass would the bainbridge come with at that price point you think?
You could probably get into a stainless steel Intercept with PPG's Solarban 70XL low-e.
just to make myself clear, i want to do the half round. I just want to know if it would be a waist of money using a higher quality window for that one being that it is a stationary window.
I understand what you're saying, but it's probably on the front of the house, so you want to make sure the windows all match and look consistent.