Okna 5500 DX Quote

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
bnaab

Okna 5500 DX Quote

#1 Post by bnaab »

I was quoted $8,300 for 18 regular size DH Okna 5500 DX windows with grids. I was not quoted on the 800 model.

Is there a big difference between the 2 types of Okna's? Is it worth the upgrade?

Another choice of mine was the Gorell 5300.

Which product would you recommend? I don't mind paying a "bit" more so long as it's worth it.

Sincerely,
Drowning in information

Windows on Washington

Re: Okna 5500 DX Quote

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Do you mean the Okna 500?

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

I am a fan of Gorell in general, however I'd have to say that either Okna would be superior given apples to apples glass packages and options. When in doubt, refer to the performance numbers.
Have you seen the 500 next to the 800? Whether or not the upgrade is worth it depends on the added cost, as well as your priorities. Either way, those are two of the top performers that you'll find.
On pricing, that is very low (especially with grids) assuming even the most basic installation requirements. Assuming that you are dealing with a reputable company, it sounds like they are offering some aggressive "off-season" pricing.

buddy110

#4 Post by buddy110 »

I believe the 800 has a magnetic weather seal and slightly better air infiltration numbers than the 500. It's a little nicer looking with lift handles rather than a lift rail. Otherwise they're pretty close.

Nothing wrong with the Gorell 5300 either.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

buddy110 wrote:I believe the 800 has a magnetic weather seal and slightly better air infiltration numbers than the 500. It's a little nicer looking with lift handles rather than a lift rail. Otherwise they're pretty close.

Nothing wrong with the Gorell 5300 either.
Right on.. You trade .01 in U value, but gain better structural #'s due to the magnetic weatherstripping and sash reinforcement. That, plus it is definitely more attractive. Go with the deluxe package either way...
I'd also agree that you can't go wrong with the Gorell either.

bnaab

#6 Post by bnaab »

Thank you...you are correct on the difference between the 800/500 models regarding the magnetic weather seal. I spoke with the rep.

Shopping for windows is an difficult and time consuming task. You guys are very quick to respond and very informative. I really appreciate all the information that is contained on this website!

I feel better about my decision and am going to pull the trigger on the 500 DX model.

Also, my quote number was a bit off, $8,700 for 18 windows. They have been in business for 25+ years and are W-2/owner installers so I feel good about it.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

Congrats on your choice... That price difference does not change my opinion that you got a great deal. :D

ranger

#8 Post by ranger »

thats the best pricing i have seen for the okna 500 . that is ultra cheap.
depending on which area you are from, pricing can be different . but still, thats low.
congrats