wincore windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
screenname

wincore windows

#1 Post by screenname »

Can someone please shed some light on the wincore 7700 windows? thx

EcoStar Remodeling

Re: wincore windows

#2 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Wincore was formed in 2007 as a result of a buy-out of Simonton Windows by Fortune Brands. The company is many ex-Simonton Executives and many of their factory people.

The Wincore 7700 is a pretty decent window. Nothing that puts it into the top eschelon of windows IMO but a solid window with respectable numbers and so far it seems good factory warranty support.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Solid window but nothing that the other top windows don't do and do better. A bit on the bulky side but that is a personal observation.

Who is quoting it?

screenname

#4 Post by screenname »

The person that has already quoted and is getting my business, no offense to Randy is Jeff Ludy. Randy and Jeff are both fine people to deal with. I decided to go with the Wincore on the premise that i only have so much to spend and the area i'm in will be hard to get the money you have invested back. i just like to confirm that what i see as pretty good, maybe not the best is still a good deal. Everything i have read is exactly what Jeff has presented and described. There just isn't hardy any info except here regarding windows out there.

EcoStar Remodeling

#5 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

What window brands did you compare?

screenname

#6 Post by screenname »

nt, simonton, amcraft, wincore, atrium, reliabilt, softlite & window world's dollar store quality windows.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

Soft lite is easily the cream of the crop there, followed by simonton/win core, and then everybody else. ( no experience with nt though)

screenname

#8 Post by screenname »

I love the softlite windows. It is just so irritating that only 1200.00 is keeping me from getting them. I know that that isn't much compared to what you get as is everything else. I also know that i will never recoup any of that come time to sell. I just want confirmation that for the money i made a wise decision.

HomeSealed

#9 Post by HomeSealed »

That depends... For a few windows, that is too much of a premium. For a house full where you are spending $8k, $10k, or more, it is worth it IMHO... Did you let the soft lite dealer know the situation and see what he could do?

screenname

#10 Post by screenname »

i know i'm not suppose to speak price but for 8 windows installed was under 4000.00. The price for the softlites was an absolutley fair price after comparing. It's just when you have a set budget and you need to get them before summer with no room for financing, your options are limited.

EcoStar Remodeling

#11 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Sounds like you made the best decision based on your budget. I'm sure you will be very pleased with the Wincores.

screenname

#12 Post by screenname »

can anyone tell me why its so hard to decide what middle of the road window is the best value? it seams like no one wants to give advice regarding that but would rather try to upsale you to a better window. I think i know the answer but please, test me.

EcoStar Remodeling

#13 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Generally, because it's usually not that much more to get a better quality window. When you consider a window is something you should never have to replace as long as you get a good quality product, why wouldn't you want to invest in the best product you could buy?

In your case, you are looking at $1200 difference but if you divide that over 20 years it's only $60 per year more. So the question then becomes, isn't it worth spending an extra $60 per year to get one of the very best products available? Are you really willing to live with a lower quality product for the next 20 years just so you can save a whole $5.00 per month?

screenname

#14 Post by screenname »

Perfect ecostar...exactly what i'm beating myself upside the head about. i guess the answer i'm seeking just simply doesn't exist knowindg what i know. Thank you for your help eco.....ps for a usage of no more than five yers and then sale, do you think these will suit okay? also, all windows have the reinforcement option bringing them to dp 55.

EcoStar Remodeling

#15 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

I think you have made the best decision for your circumstances. The Wincore 7700's are pretty decent windows and a nice value. You could have done a whole lot worse.