ideal 4500 series vs okna 400 vs perfect fit

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
willclugo

ideal 4500 series vs okna 400 vs perfect fit

#1 Post by willclugo »

I a replacing 8 double hung windows in my home and have had several contractors give me estimates, all have comparable products and warranties, also i have narrowed it down to 3 contractors based on years in service and references. Now im trying to get some feedback on the types of window to get. I live in the Hudson valley area of NY, and plan on staying in this home 10-15 yrs more. The quotes are within 700.00 of each other. Anyone have any advice on the 3 windows i mentioned, whether good or bad?

HomeSealed

Re: ideal 4500 series vs okna 400 vs perfect fit

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

The Okna lineup is one of the best available imho, but the product truly speaks for itself. The best way to compare without any bias is to simply look at the thermal and structural ratings of each product that you are considering. That will tell you which will perform the best, and generally is very much indicative of the quality of the window as well.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Of the three I would give the nod to the Okna 400. Okna has a better air infiltration rating and a better spacer with the Okna using Duralite composite spacer and the other two using a U-shaped metal spacer called Intercept. Okna's Duralite has warmer edge of glass ratings which will help reduce the chance of condensation.
I would ask the Okna salesman to make sure he included the "Deluxe" package which includes another layer of Low-E coating, a locking screen and foam filling.
In my opinion you would have a real nice result using the Okna 400.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Window4U (IL) wrote:Of the three I would give the nod to the Okna 400. Okna has a better air infiltration rating and a better spacer with the Okna using Duralite composite spacer and the other two using a U-shaped metal spacer called Intercept. Okna's Duralite has warmer edge of glass ratings which will help reduce the chance of condensation.
I would ask the Okna salesman to make sure he included the "Deluxe" package which includes another layer of Low-E coating, a locking screen and foam filling.
In my opinion you would have a real nice result using the Okna 400.

+1

This is a great explanation here. The 400 series is Okna's "entry" level line but it is hardly entry level.

Ask for the Deluxe upgrade and you will have a far superior window to the other two offerings. Lower Air infiltration, better thermal numbers, more glass, etc.

Once you are comparing premium products, installation is the critical separator at that point so make sure you company is up to date on the latest methods and materials.

There is a poster on the board that serves the NY area by the name of "buddy" and he is a very good contractor to deal with and is absolutely on the cutting edge.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

i would also strongly recommend contacting "buddy". he offers some great products and does one heck of an install.