anyone else heard schuco prices are going up 6% April 1st?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ode

anyone else heard schuco prices are going up 6% April 1st?

#1 Post by ode »

I suspect this is just a sales tactic but I have been told by one dealer prices go up 6% on April 1st. Just curious if anyone else has heard this?

It doesn't really matter to me becuase I intended to make my decision before then, but it's always good to know what kind of salesman you are dealing with based on their tactics.

Ode

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

It is not a salesman's ploy to get you to buy soon. It is really true.

Over the last year and a half, all my window and material suppliers have raised prices because of increased energy and shipping costs. All but Schuco.

They have now followed suit and are having a 6% price increase. That does not mean 6% added on to retail pricing.
The amount to a retail customer having windows installed will be less because of the window cost only being part of the purchase price.

If you are going to buy anyway, do it before Apri 1st if you want to save a few bucks. If not, the increase is really not that much ....buy when you are ready.

ode

#3 Post by ode »

Thanks Windows4U. I stand corrected!

HipKat

#4 Post by HipKat »

Yet my old company (Schuco dealer) raised their prices by about 15% in November....

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

That could have been because everything else they work with has gone up. Transportation, coil prices, siding prices, gasoline, etc.
A price increase doesn't necessarily have to correlate with a manufacturer's increase.

HipKat

#6 Post by HipKat »

No, true, that's just what they blamed it on.