New Windows, New Siding

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
JaniceAnn

New Windows, New Siding

#1 Post by JaniceAnn »

We have wood casement windows, several years ago I was told I wouldn't be happy with vinyl windows, I think I was told because they sweat, is this still the case.

Also, need to replace windows now and plan to replace aluminum siding in a few years. Should both be done at same time or doesn't it matter?

HomeSealed

Re: New Windows, New Siding

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

That comment about vinyl windows is pure bunk. In fact, a good vinyl windows will often have better performance ratings than other materials, including in the area of CR (condensation resistance). Ultimately, there are a lot of factors that go into whether or not you will have condensation, but having a vinyl frame is certainly not one of them.
On the siding, it can be nice to do it at the same time as it makes a full tear-out easier if that is the route that you prefer, otherwise is does not make too much difference. The window wraps may need to be redone depending on circumstances.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

it is nice to do the windows and siding together.
Doing them together will eliminate any duplicate work.
Most very good guys are ok with doing either before, together , or after.
When we do it together, we remove the windows first, set the new windows and then run the siding.
Vinyl or fiberglass best durarbility and thermal performance.

JaniceAnn

#4 Post by JaniceAnn »

I have to replace two small windows now, bath and laundry in the back of house. The rest can wait until we're ready to side. I saw the Polaris Ultra and and Seaway Signature today. Cost of both about the same and dealer's preference is the Seaway, hard decision.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Polaris ultra all the way :D