Relate TDI approved model numbers to mfgr series names

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
confusedtxn

Relate TDI approved model numbers to mfgr series names

#1 Post by confusedtxn »

TX Dept of Insurance has mfgr's/series info for approved windows but the series numbers do not always appear in the mfgr's literature. Thought the NFRC Certified Product Directory would help but found that homeowners cannot access it; seems shortsighted to me. Please refer me to a site that contains this information.

Also mfgr's do not include the NFRC label in their literature. It is not easy to compare windows without a standard format. Isn't anyone proud of their specs?

This board is great but it requires lots of superfluous reading and much of the information is sadly outdated, e.g. strong recommendations for Schuco windows and they have not been manufactured for years.

HomeSealed

Re: Relate TDI approved model numbers to mfgr series names

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

txn, anyone can indeed access the NFRC certified product directory. It is not the easiest site to navigate by any means, but you can access it. You could also ask your salesperson for the CPD number to make the look-up easier. On mfgr literature, generally those that have something to be proud of do showcase it in their lit (ie: Softlite & HiMark), while those that don't have much to brag about will make it more difficult to find those numbers.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

confusedtxn wrote:
This board is great but it requires lots of superfluous reading and much of the information is sadly outdated, e.g. strong recommendations for Schuco windows and they have not been manufactured for years.

These two sister forums are the best resource on the internet for researching replacement windows. Are you suggesting they delete 10s of thousands of posts from the last 10 years of archives so that you don't have to run into an occasional outdated post?

confusedtxn

#4 Post by confusedtxn »

Window4U (IL) wrote:
confusedtxn wrote:

These two sister forums are the best resource on the internet for researching replacement windows. Are you suggesting they delete 10s of thousands of posts from the last 10 years of archives so that you don't have to run into an occasional outdated post?
No, it is just that when the dates are stripped off, it is easy to get sidetracked. I'm new here. I have found that there are dates on the more recent topics in the index.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Sorting through the information can be tough sometimes but feel free to post up any questions as they arise and we are happy to help you navigate through what we can.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#6 Post by Window4U (IL) »

confusedtxn wrote:
Window4U (IL) wrote:
confusedtxn wrote:

No, it is just that when the dates are stripped off, it is easy to get sidetracked. I'm new here. I have found that there are dates on the more recent topics in the index.
Sorry, I was not aware the dates were stripped off the old posts in the archives.

confusedtxn

#7 Post by confusedtxn »

HomeSealed wrote:txn, anyone can indeed access the NFRC certified product directory. It is not the easiest site to navigate by any means, but you can access it. You could also ask your salesperson for the CPD number to make the look-up easier. On mfgr literature, generally those that have something to be proud of do showcase it in their lit (ie: Softlite & HiMark), while those that don't have much to brag about will make it more difficult to find those numbers.
You are correct. The other day when I tried to access the CPD, a short questionaire came up and after filling that in and submitting it, I got an access denied response. Today, instead of the questionaire, clicking on "NFRC Products Directory Search" takes me directly to the CPD.

Your advice about getting the CPD number from the salesperson is good. For the Simonton Stormbreaker+ windows I am considering there are 42156 CPDs for the series 07-09 horiz sliders alone. Guess every conceivable combination of styles and options gets a unique CPD.

Your help is appreciated. Thanks

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

That's what we are here for. :D