Anderson narrow line question?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Ken_5

Anderson narrow line question?

#1 Post by Ken_5 »

Okay... I am in the process of orderin Simonton 5500 windows to install as new construction by adding nailing strip and j channel. I have read that they are a decent mid range window. Not 100% in love with them, but they are nice enough considering I need to save money for kids college, etc.

My brother has Anderson Narrow line windows in his house and I know they are a different beast, but I do like the looks of his windows a lot more than the 5500.

Which one is a better window as far as quality and function? I assume the narrow lines are more expensive, by much?

Ken

TheWindowNerd

Re: Anderson narrow line question?

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The AW narrowline is less desirable as far as maintance and performance goes.
The vinyl does not rot nor ever need to be painted. The exterior of the Aw could need paint in under 10 years. Additionally the narrowline does not tilt in for cleaning.
I like the AW 400 especially the WoodWright, I install a fair # of them, the Simonton has better thermal performance and less cost.
You can jamb out the vinyl window and apply interior casing and stool to make it look like a traditional wood window. Just time and money.

Ken_5

Re: Anderson narrow line question?

#3 Post by Ken_5 »

Thanks Anthony! Looks like I will stay away from the Narrow Line.