Replacement Window Installation methods?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jzone2020

Replacement Window Installation methods?

#1 Post by jzone2020 »

I am told they use the pull in method (where possible). Is this good? What other methods are used?

Delaware Mike

Re: Replacement Window Installation methods?

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

May mean they "pull" sashes and not trim and original frame for an insert pocket replacement project? When I get behind the wheel of an automobile I use the "drive" method as opposed to trying to push it. :D

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

You may being refering to cutting the outside stops off and then putting the window in, I refer to this as "outside to in". If possible and of benefit when there are no inside removal stops or they are in pristine shape and you do not want to disturb them or the paint.
I charge $10 extra for "outside in" it takes a little more time.
thewindownerd.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

anthony wrote:You may being refering to cutting the outside stops off and then putting the window in, I refer to this as "outside to in". If possible and of benefit when there are no inside removal stops or they are in pristine shape and you do not want to disturb them or the paint.
I charge $10 extra for "outside in" it takes a little more time.
thewindownerd.
That is how I understood it as well. 99% of our installs are "outside installs". Takes more skill/time, but does not disturb your interior which is one of the benefits of a pocket install in the first place. It also allows for a cleaner RRP install.

jzone2020

#5 Post by jzone2020 »

So this a good thing it seems?

toddinmn

#6 Post by toddinmn »

It doesn't matter much which way they are installed as long as it is done right.. I prefer to install from the inside. This way generates less dust for the worker, is gentler on the window frame and is typically safer since you're on flat ground.It is also a lot nicer in the winter here.