Replacement Windows Outside Philly

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Phillies13

Replacement Windows Outside Philly

#1 Post by Phillies13 »

I am currently looking into vinyl replacement windows for our 1957 house outside of philly, near King of Prussia. We are looking for a reliable window that is double hung, with grids, double pane, and that is not just a budget window but one with good NFRC ratings. This will be my first time buying windows so any help would be greatly appreciated. Any specific manufacturing companies or installers that I should look into?
Thanks in advance.

Windows on Washington

Re: Replacement Windows Outside Philly

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I can answer both questions with one answer....anthony!!

Her serves the Philly area and is very highly regarded. I have used his installers on a large project before and they were fantastic craftsmen.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5427

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 on contacting anthony. Truly a great guy, and he carries a couple of the top window options available in HiMark/Okna and Softlite. You won't find better when it comes to performance ratings.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

I highly recommend contacting "Anthony." He has all the best product lines and one the nicest guys that you will ever meet.

Phillies13

#5 Post by Phillies13 »

Thank you guys for the suggestion, I have reached out to Anthony. So far I have some quotes from recent companies and was wondering if anyone could give me feedback on some of the manufacturers.

1. Dailey 4000 Series
2. Energex by Affinity
3. Soft Lite Imperial Classic
4. ViWinco
5. Alside

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

I would not consider any of those choices to be elite, but the Energex may be the best. My recommendation would be to to check out ANY of the lines offered by Okna/HiMark, the Softlite Imperial LS/Elements, or the Sunrise Restorations/Vanguard... Those choices would generally be considered to be the "cream of the crop".

TheWindowNerd

#7 Post by TheWindowNerd »

As HomeSealed has shared the Soft-lite Imp LS or HiMark 800DXwould be my top two choices.
Interesting that you could be looking at 4 local mfg...
Dailey, Viwinco, Affinty, and HiMark

thewindownerd.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#8 Post by masterext »

agree, Anthony is your guy. out of the lines you saw, the only ones i would consider are soft lite imperial and energex. the energex elite is a sharp window.
the okna / himark 800 dx is a real nice window and made very well. definitely one of the best windows available today.