Trying to figure out general price to expect

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
HomeSealed

Re: Trying to figure out general price to expect

#16 Post by HomeSealed »

Great choice! I look forward to hearing your thoughts after the install. :D

TheWindowNerd

#17 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Please come back and share what you think of the product and WOW.
I don't think I will be surprised by your comments, but is super helpful for all of us to see this through your eyes.
thewindownerd.

toozie21

#18 Post by toozie21 »

So far so good. The measurements and orders went well (very professional and the time estimates for the windows to come in was spot-on), now I need to wait another week and a half for the actual install (it is killing me since the weather is so nice!). I will report back in after the install.

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

So far, so good! :)

toozie21

#20 Post by toozie21 »

Well, the work has been done and over a week in and i still love it. Two guys came out and did the work in less than a day (7 windows on a rancher). The windows work great and the cleanup was perfect (I think I found one nail and a few scraps of the trim). No damage on the inside of the house (wasn't sure if any paint would get screwed up), and they did a good job of working around my bushes and other outside obstructions.

The trim work looked so good, I had a few other things touched up. The owner came out personally to look it over and give me a price which seemed very fair. Instead of squaring off the trim at a 90 degree angle, they took the time to bend a little design into each piece. It was unexpected but makes everything look great (hence the reason I wanted some of the old trim around a door updated).

All-in-all a great experience and I would highly recommend. Too soon to judge how the windows will work in the Summer/Winter, but anything has to be better than the 35 year old wood windows I had in place. The Okna windows function much better than what i had and look great from the street.

Kudos to the Windows on Washington guys!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#21 Post by masterext »

this is the feedback we love to here. the quality of work is indictative of how the pro's on this board like to operate.
as far as a few nails, that is normal if you think about how thin nails are and they can easily blend into the ground. sounds like a stellar job by a great company.

toozie21

#22 Post by toozie21 »

masterext wrote:as far as a few nails, that is normal if you think about how thin nails are and they can easily blend into the ground.
Agreed. I know they can't get them all, but I also watched them very carefully clean up, so I know they were trying. The cleanup went better than I expected.

Windows on Washington

#23 Post by Windows on Washington »

toozie21 wrote:Well, the work has been done and over a week in and i still love it. Two guys came out and did the work in less than a day (7 windows on a rancher). The windows work great and the cleanup was perfect (I think I found one nail and a few scraps of the trim). No damage on the inside of the house (wasn't sure if any paint would get screwed up), and they did a good job of working around my bushes and other outside obstructions.

The trim work looked so good, I had a few other things touched up. The owner came out personally to look it over and give me a price which seemed very fair. Instead of squaring off the trim at a 90 degree angle, they took the time to bend a little design into each piece. It was unexpected but makes everything look great (hence the reason I wanted some of the old trim around a door updated).

All-in-all a great experience and I would highly recommend. Too soon to judge how the windows will work in the Summer/Winter, but anything has to be better than the 35 year old wood windows I had in place. The Okna windows function much better than what i had and look great from the street.

Kudos to the Windows on Washington guys!
Jason,

Thanks for the feedback and it was very meeting with you at the home too!

Sorry about the Pens...they did make a series of it though.

Good luck on the upcoming addition to the family and call me if you ever need anything in the future that we talked about (insulation, air-sealing, roofing, etc).

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#24 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Great job Eric! This is what homeowners are looking for.