replacement windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Windows on Washington

Re: replacement windows

#16 Post by Windows on Washington »

HomeSealed wrote:Number one, the 5200 is being completely discontinued, so i would avoid it. Number two, that price IS very high unless there are some extraordinary circumstances that have not been disclosed. If it has triple pane with krypton, a painted exterior, woodgrain interior, full frame removal, etc then that stratosphere would be justified.
+1

I would keep looking too.

Suez

#17 Post by Suez »

So now this company has offered to go down to $14,000.00 for the 5200 that you say is discontinued. They have reduced their price because we told them we had a price from Pella for their 350 series of $13,656, and Marvin infinity for 14,300. The reason I persisted past the Pella and Marvin is because you guys said Gorell and LS were better choices. I am still waiting to see the LS. I do not like to be high pressured into signing on the dotted line or the price goes away.

I know I don't want a discontinued window at $14,000 however if that was for the 5300 would it be a fair price or still too high?

Windows on Washington

#18 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Infinity at that number is the much better deal but the Imperial LS is the better performing window.

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

+1... Although if you are comfortable with the appearance of the vinyl options, they are superior in pretty much every measurable way in comparison to the Infinity. I would not choose the Gorell 5200due to the fact that it is being discontinued and will have limited service parts going forward. The revised 5300 and 5100 will be good choices when they arrive, and the Softlite Ls is a top tier window.

Suez

#20 Post by Suez »

I see the Gorrel 5300 on their website and watched the demo and it was impressive. I still feel the company that came out with the 5200 over inflated the price quite a bit. The Marvin seems like a good window however that price did not include any wrapping which means we would still have to paint our trim. We were trying to get away from that as we are aging. I am waiting on a company to get the sample of the LS so I can then decide.
I appreciate all of your advise.