TrustGard / Earthwise / Sunrise windows?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Delaware Mike

Re: TrustGard / Earthwise / Sunrise windows?

#16 Post by Delaware Mike »

That pricing sounds correct for our area. Medium to small sized double hung windows are a good fit for Sunrise. When I'm installing into a large opening I like the more robust sash and sill design of Soft-Lite LS/Elements lines and the OKNA 800/500 series. Bays, bows, gardens, casements, and awnings I pretty much stick with Sunrise. Great company.

Rw29

#17 Post by Rw29 »

Thanks for the information! I liked the Okna, but the outside looks so different from the rest of my windows (and I can't afford to replace them all at once) - that the difference would be really obvious. The dealer I spoke with (name given to me by Okna) - does not carry the 500 series.

I just got my written quote - and it is for the Sunrise "Ultra Plus" Vinyl Replacement Window. Does that still sound like a good window and a good price? (just under $570/window, installed).

Windows on Washington

#18 Post by Windows on Washington »

The 400 series has a more simplistic exterior as compared to the colonial casing look on the 800/500 series.

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 to WoW's comment.
On the pricing, again, there are a million variables but it is within the range of reason. Not alarmingly high or low.

Rw29

#20 Post by Rw29 »

HomeSealed wrote:+1 to WoW's comment.
On the pricing, again, there are a million variables but it is within the range of reason. Not alarmingly high or low.
Ok, Thanks. Just wanted to make sure this was one of the quality Sunrise windows and not one of the Sunrise windows I have read here to avoid.

I think this Sunrise will be a better choice for me than the Excalibur - or anything else I have looked at. I asked the other dealer about the Okna 400, but he doesn't carry it.

TheWindowNerd

#21 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I am confused the Okna dealer does not have the 500 or the 400?

Rw29

#22 Post by Rw29 »

The Okna dealer told me they only had the 800 ( the Enviro Star, I think). Looked too different from my other windows, though I did like the double screens (lower and upper).

Thanks for all of the help here!
Last edited by Rw29 on Tue May 22, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HomeSealed

#23 Post by HomeSealed »

Rw29 wrote:The Okna dealer told me they only had the 800 ( the Enviro Star, I think). Looked too different from my other windows, though I did like the dour screens (lower and upper).

Thanks for all of the help here!
That's very strange, I've never heard of a dealer that does not offer either of the lower lines.... Regardless, the Sunrise should serve you well. The Essentials line by Sunrise is the only product that has some questionable reviews, the others are very good for the most part.

Rw29

#24 Post by Rw29 »

I don't know why that's all they carry. I'm going to check out the Sunrise tonight. Comes out to $517/window, installed, so it sounds like the way to go. Only $20/more than Alside Excalibur and from what I can tell, a way better product.

HomeSealed

#25 Post by HomeSealed »

Rw29 wrote:I don't know why that's all they carry. I'm going to check out the Sunrise tonight. Comes out to $517/window, installed, so it sounds like the way to go. Only $20/more than Alside Excalibur and from what I can tell, a way better product.
Your assessment is right-on. Sounds like a great deal. :D