Best way to select a window and installer

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
sharona

Re: Best way to select a window and installer

#16 Post by sharona »

I've been avoiding the local companies that do heavy radio and tv advertising on the assumption that they are high pressure/low quality. I was just checking for a Gorrel dealer in my area and it looks like Rite Window (one of the ones I assumed was junk) is using Gorrel manufactured windows. The 5100 series. The energy master III model has a .25 UV and .24 SGHC / ritewindow.com

Any feedback/experience with Rite Window in the Boston area?

Windows on Washington

#17 Post by Windows on Washington »

Do you have a model # or CPD number for that window?

Even if we haven't seen it, we can provide some feedback on what we can look up and read about it.

sharona

#18 Post by sharona »

Finally had Rite Window out here and got the details on the window. They are no longer using Gorrel (he said something about them going into receivership?). The window they are using now is by National Vinyl (a local MA company) and is the Northwind Series III model.

Some of the features he touted were the fusion welded frame and sash, U-value .27, VT .55, use of the 7/8" superspacer, interlocking and fully enforced meeting rails, multi-chambered hollows, fiberglass screen mesh, transferable lifetime warranty (1X).

Is this a good window? I haven't been able to find much on it online.

The quote was $2200 more than the quote I got from one local contractor for Harvey's.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Windows on Washington

#19 Post by Windows on Washington »

Gorell was bought by Soft-Lite and as a brand, is fine.

I can't find much information about them either. Ask him for the structural test report and the CPD#. That will provide you with some of the more critical evaluation data on the window.

I am not sure it is $2,200 better than the Harvey option but it is tough to say at this point without more critical evaluation data.

sharona

#20 Post by sharona »

Thanks WoW for your suggestion. I'll give them a call today to ask for that info.

Windows on Washington

#21 Post by Windows on Washington »

Glad to help.