Window help in Oklahoma?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
RustyCan

Window help in Oklahoma?

#1 Post by RustyCan »

After recieving some very valuable advise from this board, I've given up on looking for windows at Lowes and Home Depot. I have found two dealers of Sunrise windows and have recieved quotes from one and waiting on the other. The problem now is that these dealers are attempting to move me away from the Sunrise window and into either a WeatherBarr Window or a Viewpoint window by Atrium. Has anyone heard of these two brands ? Should they be considered ? or should I insist on the Sunrise?

HomeSealed

Re: Window help in Oklahoma?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Sunrise all the way. They will more than likely make less profit on it (That is why they are trying to pull the old "switcharoo"), but it is a significantly superior product.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Stay with the Sunrise option.

stuka

#4 Post by stuka »

Curios as to which vendors you found for the sunrise? My wife tried calling one the other day that pulled the old "oh your husband has to be there" BS, which totally does not sit well with us

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

The commissioned sales reps that work for these types of dealers are pretty much held to a "one call close" type of presentation structure. This type of presentation and commission basis is typically reserved for outfits that demand top dollar for their products and services. When homeowners plan to do a lot research and get several estimates, it in almost all cases rule these types of homeowners out in the odds that they will be able to earn their business. Thus, they consider a "one legged" appointment a waste of the sales rep and dealer's time.

Sunrise windows are not a low-budget window. If someone states that they have a very limited budget I would expect Sunrise to be out of the question in most cases.

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I agree with DM.
I am not of that sales type. And I sell HiMark, Soft-lite and Sunrise.
After getting a prelimanary feel of what the project will involve, hopefully and usually done by email. I will go and meet with any responsible adult, one, two or how ever many want to be there.
Last edited by TheWindowNerd on Sun May 27, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 to the above comments. There are plenty of companies that offer high end products, installation, and service that don't resort to high-pressure sales or price gouging.

stuka

#8 Post by stuka »

Based on everything I've read the sunrise restorations are my best choice of a window and thus my interest in them. The Restorations website only listed the one dealer in this area. I'm interested in dealers for the OKC area

TheWindowNerd

#9 Post by TheWindowNerd »

If there is a Vanguard dealer it may give you more options.

RustyCan

#10 Post by RustyCan »

stuka wrote:Based on everything I've read the sunrise restorations are my best choice of a window and thus my interest in them. The Restorations website only listed the one dealer in this area. I'm interested in dealers for the OKC area
If your looking for Sunrise Windows in OKC there are two dealers I found. The first was from All Pro Windows and Siding. I also found the Sunrise window at Agnew window and door company ... All Pro pushes the Weather Barr Window; but they will order and install Sunrise... At Agnew window and door they have several Sunrise Windows that you can actually look at... The location is down the street from StockYard City on 29th and Agnew...Tell Mr. David Sloan @ Agnew and Steve at All-Pro that Mr. Canaday sent you maybe he'll give me a break on my 22 windows.

stuka

#11 Post by stuka »

Thanks for the info. I'll be calling today, as my desire for new windows has turned into an immediate need after the storms last night broke some of the crappy windows I did have

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#12 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Fairway Home Imp is the Vanguard dealer for you.

stuka

#13 Post by stuka »

RustyCan wrote: If your looking for Sunrise Windows in OKC there are two dealers I found. The first was from All Pro Windows and Siding. I also found the Sunrise window at Agnew window and door company ... All Pro pushes the Weather Barr Window; but they will order and install Sunrise... At Agnew window and door they have several Sunrise Windows that you can actually look at... The location is down the street from StockYard City on 29th and Agnew...Tell Mr. David Sloan @ Agnew and Steve at All-Pro that Mr. Canaday sent you maybe he'll give me a break on my 22 windows.
Just talked with All Pro & they are pushing the Weather Barr on me as well. According to the internets though I want to stay with the sunrise

Windows on Washington

#14 Post by Windows on Washington »

I think you are correct on that part.