Simonton Asure White Double Hung Windows or Window World

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
moneypit1

Simonton Asure White Double Hung Windows or Window World

#1 Post by moneypit1 »

Orlando, FL: I have a 12 year old block house with aluminum windows argon gas etc etc. When I built the house I thought I was doing the right thing by getting the most energy efficient windows. Unfortunately, after 12 years of Florida sun and heat, the seal on some of the windows has deteriorated to the point where moisture has gotten between the glass and mold is forming. The manufacturer has gone out of business and obviously there is no warranty. I am now looking to replace at least the defective windows and possibly all the windows.
I have read many blogs about vinyl windows and unfortunately, have not been able to draw a conclusion as to the most cost effective brand, installer etc. I have gotten estimates from several companies selling different brands. But when reading the blogs, I seem to be getting a negative feeling about their products.
Can someone please provide with with a brand and/or product name that is energy efficient, reasonable warranty and will not break the bank ... that they have had experience with.
Thanks in advance.

HomeSealed

Re: Simonton Asure White Double Hung Windows or Window World

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Gorell and PGT are a couple solid choices available in FL. I don't believe that Sunrise, HiMark, or Softlite are down there. There is a board pro named TLH (or Gulf Breeze?) who is from that area, perhaps he'll weigh in.