Seaway Encore vs Soft-Lite Imperial LS

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ktager

Seaway Encore vs Soft-Lite Imperial LS

#1 Post by ktager »

We are looking to replace 11 double hung windows (40"x30") and 1 bay window (80"x60"). The bay window will have double hung windows instead of casements. We have contacted 3 dealers and have narrowed our decision down to 2.

Quote 1: Imperial LS - LowE, Argon, Super Spacer, White Vinyl in/out for 11 double hungs.
Alaskan Bay, Oak Frame (we will stain it) - $8500

Quote 2: Seaway Encore - LowE, Argon, Super Spacer, White Vinyl in/out. We will stain
this bay as well. - $6700

From what i'm reading the Imperial LS is a better Windows then the Encore. I would really appreciate to hear professionals thoughts on these windows and whether you feel the price is reasonable. Both companies are Family owned for 25+ years and have had very good reviews on Angie's List.

Who knew researching for windows would be this difficult. I would really like to make sure I'm getting a top quality window for my money.

Kevin

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Seaway Encore vs Soft-Lite Imperial LS

#2 Post by masterext »

the pricing for the soft lite is totally in range. i would definitely go with the soft lite.

randy

#3 Post by randy »

I agree. The price is within the normal range, and the LS is the better window. I like the upgrade to Super Spacer as well.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Vote #3 for the Softlite. If you figure that the bay is around $2500-$3k, that puts the average DH at the $500 range ea. That is a pretty good price on a top window choice.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

+4 for the Soft-Lite LS too.

ktager

#6 Post by ktager »

Thanks all for your expert opinions.