Climate Solutions experience / opinions

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
ToddJ7

Climate Solutions experience / opinions

#1 Post by ToddJ7 »

There has been almost no discussion about Climate Solutions' products on this board. There website claims to be the 'industry leader' in the Chicago-land area, but the posts (or lack there of) on this site would seem to imply otherwise. I am getting ready to replace some of my windows (4) and was leaning towards them until stumbling upon this website and seeing almost no info on them.

Does anyone have any opinions or personal experiences they can provide?

Thank you,
Todd

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Climate Solutions experience / opinions

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

They've been around for about 10 years. I haven't run into them that I can remember so I don't have any info about them. Sorry.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Based on the website, looks like some good signs and others that would raise questions (like promoting 366 glass in Chicago's climate). Ultimately, you'll want to see the thermal (U-value, shgc) and structural (air infiltration, design pressure) ratings to compare.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

another important question: do they use a welded sloped sill or a snap in slope or pocket?
you want a welded sloped sill.

randy

#5 Post by randy »

In the Chicago area, there's simply no one better than Window4U, the first pro to respond to your post. He is an authorized dealers for three of the top performing window manufacturers in the U.S., and his installation system is exceptional as well. I'd highly recommend clicking on the "get a quote" button on his post and have him come out to look at your project. I guarantee his professionalism and expertise in the industry will impress you.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

masterext wrote:another important question: do they use a welded sloped sill or a snap in slope or pocket?
you want a welded sloped sill.
Looks like welded sloped by the pic on the website, along with super spacer, foam filling, non-metal sash reinforcement, etc, it looks like it could be solid. Then again, there are other products have those options but fall flat in the structural ratings. That's what I'd like to see... Generally the products that perform well will list the ratings prominently, but that is not necessarily a hard and fast rule.