best windows for the houston, texas area

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
alfred

best windows for the houston, texas area

#1 Post by alfred »

I'm finding the window replacement market a tough one to sort out. I've received quotes from 3 window companies so far. I'm trying to be patient and do some research on my own to sift through the company brand windows and which model they correspond to with name brand. An example is the Wonderful Window and siding window Solar Pro seems to be the same as the NT windows executive series. I have a quote for Solar Pro windows , 14 single hung windows for 6,600. I have a quote for Simonton generations windows, 14 double hung windows for 8,095. and a quote for a 4000 series window, double hung, for 4,500. from window world. Is theSsimonton generation a good choice for this area? What about the Solar Pro (NT ) window, any reports about these windows? Are these all lower end windows and should I look for a better grade window? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Windows on Washington

Re: best windows for the houston, texas area

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Only one person to recommend in Houston....Randy.

You can click on his name here in this thread and get in touch with him: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5528

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Randy has broad knowledge and a large stable of products.
His installation protocol is the best.
He is a person you can trust.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

The only choice of yours that I have familiarity with is the Simonton (which is generally decent), however window choice can be very specific by region. As the other guys have said, Randy is your man down in Houston.

alfred

#5 Post by alfred »

I appreciate the information. Seems like Randy is the expert in the Houston area. I will contact him.
Thanks again,
Mike

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

alfred wrote:I appreciate the information. Seems like Randy is the expert in the Houston area. I will contact him.
Thanks again,
Mike
Randy is the man in Houston...without question.