Windows in San Antonio, TX

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
HPSATX

Windows in San Antonio, TX

#1 Post by HPSATX »

I have read on this forum where Randy covers Austin, Houston and Dallas. Who is recommended in the San Antonio area? Based on what I have read it appears either Sunrise Vanguard or Soft-Lite Essentials or Elements would be my best choice for windows. I currently have a quote on Milgard Tuscany. Thanks.

Windows on Washington

Re: Windows in San Antonio, TX

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I don't think that we have any board pros that actively cover San Antonio right now.

Sunrise Vanguard and Sunrise Essentials (entry level window in their line) are in the same line.

Soft-Lite Elements and Imperial LS are their two best offerings.

HPSATX

#3 Post by HPSATX »

WoW,
Thanks

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

Sunrise has a entry level or drop window which is the Essentials which is a completely different window then all of their other offerings. Sunrise offers the Restorations, Vanguard, Verde, and several privately labeled versions of the regular Sunrise series. The Restorations is their flagship model which has a few more bells and whistles over the other series. The Vanguard is one step down from the Restorations and the basic difference between the two series is the locking/tilting system. I've been installing the Vanguard series since 2006 and it's one of my favorite vinyl windows.

Regarding Soft-Lite, their top offering is the Elements and the Imperial LS. Both are built on the same machinery at the plant and are very similar. The advantage that the Element has over the LS would be the fact that the non-metal Super Spacer is standard and the exterior face/screen track profile is slightly more decorative. We put the Super Spacer on just about every LS that we install, but I have to add it in as an option. The Elements also has a beaded cove look to the exterior frame profile. The more attractive exterior frame profile demos really nice in the house, however one can't really make out the extra detail from a curb view of 50'. The Elements does have the Bettervue screening and accidental glass breakage also standard. It's a nice package. The locks on the Elements are also different in that they aren't recessed like that of the LS. They're surface mounted and they consolidate the tilt actuators which is pretty neat and gaining popularity. I wouldn't pay more than $40 extra (per window) for the Elements over the LS, but that's just my opinion.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1 Mike.

My reference to in the same line in the post above was regarding to the same line (i.e. brand) of window because the original poster had listed the window as the Soft-Lite Essential.

Mike is spot on in his advice.

I would only look at the Vanguard/Restorations inside the Sunrise line and the Elements and Imperial LS int eh Soft-Lite brand.

HPSATX

#6 Post by HPSATX »

All,
Thank you for the advice.