Vinyl Replacement Windows in Twin Cities area, MN

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
nymnjim

Vinyl Replacement Windows in Twin Cities area, MN

#1 Post by nymnjim »

I have had a Window World quote of $8300 for 13 double hung windows (4000 series ) and 1 double slider. I have Champion coming next week. Is there anyone else I should be talking to? Not in a huge hurry, just getting some quotes. I am not really interested in wood or fiberglass relacements. Thanks.

Jim

uncle eddie

Re: Vinyl Replacement Windows in Twin Cities area, MN

#2 Post by uncle eddie »

Everyone else :lol: . Those are not top performers compared to some of the better choices out there like Softlite, Sunrise, Okna, etc... Avoid a pocket sill as well.

toddinmn

#3 Post by toddinmn »

I'd cancel the Champion estimate. Sunrise Soft-Lite and Polaris are available.You may want to also consider The upper tiered windows from Simonton and Ply-Gem as well.

weedhopr

#4 Post by weedhopr »

I had all the windows in my house replaced with Simonton Prism windows 2 years ago. So far, we're happy with them. Never have noticed any air leakage around, or thru the windows during any of the windy, winter weather we've had. About 3 weeks after they were installed, we noticed a small tear in the screen on one window. Called the dealer, and the screen was replaced at no charge.
Mike in Mankato, MN