for Bill- Uneeda

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
windowmannjny

for Bill- Uneeda

#1 Post by windowmannjny »

hows it going my name is Jay, i am a salesman/contractor from North Jersey, i just was wondering if you have seen a slow down or atleast a change in the way consumers are getting estimates for windows in our area...any thoughts?

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

I really haven’t seen a change but it’s too early in the season to get a handle on what kind of a year we are going to see.

At this point we are seeing what I would consider a normal early spring pick up in activity but typically things don’t really get rolling until after Easter. I’m use to a lot of tire kickers this time of year it seems people are not in the mood to buy until they begin to smell lawn fertilizer

Good luck with your sales.

Bill

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Three weeks ago I started to wonder if I'd ever sell another window the rest of my life it was so slow.
Since then it has broken loose in a major way.

windowmannjny

#4 Post by windowmannjny »

thanks for the replies guys, sitting here feeling the same way, wondering if ill ever sell another job again...good quality product competetive prices, and wondering when the tire kicking and the stalls will end. Lets hope its a good Easter for all.
btw, Bill i if i understand correctly your company does not do many installs as much as it sells only the product? just curious why

Bill

#5 Post by Bill »

We actually have two installation crews so we are installing windows every day of the week and typically we install the Simonton Impressions 9800.

We also distribute the Reflections line and we cater to small local contractors and export sales to the Caribbean where the largest volume goes.

Bill