Sunrise vs. Polaris

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
deanoft

Sunrise vs. Polaris

#1 Post by deanoft »

Greetings, I have to make a decision between Sunrise and Polaris. I am replacing our windows piecemeal - only three double hung to start. The Sunrise are their Ultra U glass package. The Polaris are their UltraWeld. Both are double pane, low E argon, white; basically similar products. The Sunrise dealer installs and services the windows themselves, while the Polaris dealer is a smaller operation and subcontracts the installation. Both companies have been around for over thirty years here in northern Indiana and have good reputations. The Polaris quote is $1700 for the three and the Sunrise is $2000. What do you all think? Thanks, Dean

HomeSealed

Re: Sunrise vs. Polaris

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

On product you have two great choices here. Unless the Sunrise is a higher line like the Restorations, I'd probably give a slight edge to the Polaris, however the Sunrise is well made and very attractive. Ultimately, I'd probably choose based on which dealer you feel more comfortable with. Assuming that both companies are reputable and established, the overall size and method of payment to their installers is a non-issue in my book.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Which model in the Sunrise line?

The UltraWeld is a great window so unless the Sunrise is the Vanguard/Restorations/Verde, the Polaris will get the nod in my book.

deanoft

#4 Post by deanoft »

Thank you for your responses; they were helpful. The Sunrise contract simply states: "Ultra-U Glass Package." No mention of Restoration, etc. One last question, what would be the "standard" guarantee with this type of product - if there is such a thing? Thanks again, Dean

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

It is probably the base Sunrise model then which is a good choice, but I'd again say that the Polaris is a little better. On guarantee, most premium vinyl windows will come with a lifetime warranty.

deanoft

#6 Post by deanoft »

Thanks again. We're going with the Polaris. They were less expensive and we respected the sale representative. There was no high pressure sales pitch; he was also well informed and didn't gratuitously bash the other window companies or contractors.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

Sounds like a good decision :) ... Don't be shy about posting back on your thoughts after install.

deanoft

#8 Post by deanoft »

Will do. Dean

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

Great choice.

I also think that commentary on the sales person is worthy of consideration.