Vinyl replacement windows.

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
srjackie

Vinyl replacement windows.

#1 Post by srjackie »

Hi, I have recently gotten a quote to have 8 windows replaced by Sears. Their Weatherbeater window products are made by Simonton. I ordered the high end product they offer. The cost was $13,500.00 with life time guarentee for product and instulation. This was more than I expected. ( windows are, 1- 4x8, 3- 4x6, 1-2x4, 2- 3x3 bathroom and 1 3x4 kitchen bay) Several windows needed to be tempered glass due to less than 24in from door opening, which increased the cost. My questions is; Are Weatherbeaters an equilivent to Simonton or a lower quality? Windows are vinyl, 3 are double hung. Is this the best product and price. Sonoma County, Ca I have 24 hrs to cancel this order.

HomeSealed

Re: Vinyl replacement windows.

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Without knowing all of the specifics, I will speculate that there is nothing completely out of the ordinary and say that price is WAY out of line. My strong recommendation would be to cancel the contract and get a few more quotes. Even if you still go with them after the fact, you will have at least seen the other options to give yourself some perspective. Simonton is one of the better offerings in your area, however I can't say for sure which model, nor can I even confirm that it is Simonton. In most areas, Sears has switched to the Wincore line.

Windows on Washington

Re: Vinyl replacement windows.

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

If you have an uneasy feeling in your gut...cancel the contract.

You should be excited about your new project, not scared.