Gorell energy, thermal, or ultra master windows and quote

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
HomeSealed

Re: Gorell energy, thermal, or ultra master windows and quote

#16 Post by HomeSealed »

Throw out the Elements quote, as even though it is a great product, the pricing is clearly out of line. The funny part is, you may have noticed some similarities to the casement and patio door offerings of the Softlite and Gorell. It is because they are exactly the same product! There is a weatherstripping revision on the casements, but that is the only difference.
If I'm reading your quotes correctly, it looks like the Gorell quote is for all casements, while the other two are for sliders? If that is the case, you are essentially getting 15 windows from Gorell vs 9 from Sunrise, so I'd say that the Gorell is the better value in that regard. Both products are very good, so I would decide which configuration you like better and which dealer you feel more comfortable with.
In your verbiage it says that the Gorell warranty is 10 yrs, but that should read 50.

NE78FJ40

#17 Post by NE78FJ40 »

Yes, you read it correctly. Gorell was the first vendor we had come in to give us a quote and at the time we were thinking we would reinstall casements. The next vendor suggested sliders, and we liked that idea due to the reduced gap where the windows meet in the middle. The Gorell dealer did say 15 windows, but made the quote look like 9 windows.

Is there much of a difference between the Sunrise Restorations and the Gorell Energy Master III? Positives and Negative for each?

HomeSealed

#18 Post by HomeSealed »

It depends: are you looking at sliders or casements? If you are doing large sliders, my preference is the Gorell 5300 with EMIII, although admittedly the Sunrise has better ratings. If it is the casements, the Gorell-Softlite model will offer about the same performance, but the Sunrise is more attractive IMO... I really have to stress that you are going to get a good product either way here, and either choice will serve you well. The only way that would not be the case is if you get an inferior installation, so I definitely recommend giving some extra weight to the dealer that you choose at this point.

NE78FJ40

#19 Post by NE78FJ40 »

We are leaning toward sliders for the reason that the space between the windows would be minimal and so we would not lose much glass area. Are we thinking correctly in our reasoning? The 57 x 46 will be the largest window that a slider would be installed. So is the sunrise strong enough for that area?

NE78FJ40

#20 Post by NE78FJ40 »

I've read other threads about the sills in the windows. Does the Gorell EMIII and the sunrise restorations windows have the good type of sill? I can't remember what it was called or referred to.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#21 Post by masterext »

yes, both do.

NE78FJ40

#22 Post by NE78FJ40 »

We decided to go with the Sunrise Restorations windows and patio door.

TheWindowNerd

#23 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Good choice.
Let us know how things are after the install.

Windows on Washington

#24 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Very good choice. You did well.

Keep us posted and lets see some before and after shots. :D

NE78FJ40

#25 Post by NE78FJ40 »

Thanks for everyone's help. You have been very helpful. I will post some pictures after the windows are installed.

Mark