Okna 700 casement max size

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
pelagikos

Okna 700 casement max size

#1 Post by pelagikos »

Hello,
Could anyone enlighten me on what is the maximum dimensions for Okna 700 casement windows? This information does not seem to be available on their web site...

For example, Simonton 5500 casement window max dimensions are 80"x36".

An Okna sales person told me that Okna's casements (my first preference) cannot be that large...

Thanks.
Last edited by pelagikos on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

Re: Okna 700 casement max size

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Standard maxes would be 36 by 70 with a max UI of 96.

If you need to go bigger, you can ask them for a per-approval or look a the Starmark series.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1... How large are you trying to go? Personally I'm not a big fan of huge casements by any manufacturer (although the Okna's are great), because they always end up having more service issues.

pelagikos

#4 Post by pelagikos »

I appreciate the insights.

the windows are roughly 76 x 32

On a separate note, I have not have a chance to see the Simontons 5500 side by side with the Okna, visits were a few days apart. But I have an impression that I liked Okna much much better. Is there really that much of a difference? For me the most important factors are look and feel.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

They will likely make them at that size as we have gone over the UI max before.

The Okna casement is a bit more substantial and a new design. It will also have a bit narrower frame but the Simonton is regarded as a solid performer too.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

the okna will definitely have better performance numbers than the simonton . okna just released a newly designed casement and its sharp.. it has triple locks and a beveled screen, real nice looking window. the simonton is bulky but a solid mid grade window.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

+2. Both should serve you well, but the thermal and structural ratings peg the the Okna as a step above, and the only top tier performer of the two... Btw, at at a 70+ inches it should actually be quad latches on a casement. We just installed a bay with casements that were over 70" tall and I could not believe how stout the unit and hardware were.

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I like the HiMark/Okna casement the best.

pelagikos

#9 Post by pelagikos »

An update.

Got 25 windows and a sliding door replaced.

Elegante door, 3 Pictures, 4 DH 800 series with deluxe foam (a promotional freebie upgrade), 4 hoppers in the basement, and the remaining 14 are Casements.

It's been a few weeks, and, so far, I gotta say, I am as happy as can be.

The windows look and feel great. Neighbors are actually asking what those are - same as I did when I saw a home with freshly installed Okna for the very first time at an open house somewhere.

Even my contractor who is doing the interior work, but also bid (unsuccessfully) on the windows job, said I made a great choice, and asked for more information.

Okna are somewhat of a secret in our area (Montgomery County, MD, near DC).

My dealer/installer was "Windows on Washington" located across the river in VA, and they were as straight-forward, fast, efficient, thorough, prepared, skilled and as professional in every aspect, as it probably ever gets in this line of business. Kudos!

Windows on Washington

#10 Post by Windows on Washington »

Thank you very much for the kind words about our company.

We are very happy to have completed this project for you and please know that we very much appreciate you trusting us with your home.

You were a fantastic customer to work with as well MG.

WoW Team

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#11 Post by masterext »

that is great feedback and i glad you are happy. i would not of expected any different from the guys at windows on washington; great company and excellent installers.
now that the job is done, the Okna is a much better window than the simonton in my opinion. great choice.

HomeSealed

#12 Post by HomeSealed »

You picked a phenomenal window and installation company. Congrats on the choice and thanks for posting the feedback! :D

TheWindowNerd

#13 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Not only will this be your initial reaction, it will be your long term reality as well.
WOW team- GREAT job.