Harvey Industries Replacement Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
arubalou

Harvey Industries Replacement Windows

#1 Post by arubalou »

Looking for comments on this brand of replacement window, cant find many out there. Does anyone have anything to say about them?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Harvey Industries Replacement Windows

#2 Post by masterext »

Harvey do not make a very good window. they have very thin walls and in my opinion are not engineered very well. lastly, they have below average performance numbers; this includes both the harvy classic and the harvey tribute. depending on where you are located, there are much better brands out there.
some brands recommended by most pro's would be: not in any particular order.
soft lite elements
sunrise vanguard
okna 800
gorell 5300

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Harvey is not a terrible product by any stretch and not compared to a bunch of the garbage out there. It is just not in the upper echelon/top performer category of the windows that masterext listed.

You would be well served to at least throw some of those into your evaluation process.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

Harvey is not terrible but its just not a brand i would install if my customer wanted long term durability and maximum energy efficiency. if you look at the performance numbers on a harvey window, the Ufactor leaves alot to be desired. the " classic" in my opinion is a typical window found at any building supply store. the " Tribute" is a step above but still not near the upper end windows in terms of design amd performance. Harvey is close by me and i have seen the windows many times, in fact i remember being disappointed when they came out with Tribute.
i dont know why the vinyl walls on that window are so thin, you would think they would want more structural intergrity. they really dropped the ball in quite a few area's. i know they need to use krypton gass to achieve a Ufactor that the higher end companies easily get with only using argon gas.
Harvey still uses a tin plated ( metal spacer ). they really need to totally redisign that window but thats not going to happen.

arubalou

#5 Post by arubalou »

thank you everyone for your input.