in the market- looking for good, better/best

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
KC needs windows

in the market- looking for good, better/best

#1 Post by KC needs windows »

Can someone rate from worst to best for alside series (and I am likely missing some)?
Excalibur
sheffield
ultramax
evolution

also..... rate?

alside
champion
vinyl-lite
windowsonwashington
soft-lite
renewalbyanderson

I will be replacing 6-12 double hung (about 45h x35w) white, grille, LowE/argon
have a quote for alside Excalibur $620 each, just trying to get the big picture.. And I truly understand the value of a quality install and customer service/warranty.

Windows on Washington

Re: in the market- looking for good, better/best

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am not familiar with the Evolution from Alside.

From the top, my preference (in order from most to lesser) would be:

- Sheffield
- Ultramaxx
- Excalibur

On the brands (same ordering) would be:

-windowsonwashington.... :lol: :lol: We are not a brand...yet.

In a seriousness, here is how I would rank them:

- Soft-Lite
- Champion
- Alside/Vinyl-Lite

Renewal By Andersen isn't really a vinyl window as compared to the other units. It is a pretty unit and is usually "pretty" expensive. It does not stack up well next to the Soft-Lite on any measure or performance (provided you are comparing the upper Soft-Lite units).

KC needs windows

#3 Post by KC needs windows »

I have a windows On Washington consult with kevin Thursday. I noticed u Carry a bunch of lines. Looking forward to it. Thanks

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

KC, I'd add the HiMark/Okna product to that list. Along with the top offerings from Softlite, they are in another league compared to the other choices that you have listed IMO.
Windows on Washington will take good care of you.

KC needs windows

#5 Post by KC needs windows »

First, thanks you folks for helping out.
I have narrowed the field.

Okna 500 or 800- I like the window and I think company installing would be fine. life beyond manf. warranty is what I am concrened with, price- close to where I am thinking

Champion, less excited about the window, but steller warranty. price OK

and a third brand "evolution" which is a custom branding, through Revere through AMI,
Installation Company has been around for a long time, good install , great warranty, they cover it 100% beyond manf warranty for life, more money than others.

I am an apples to apples guy or as best i can. I need help fining out what the heck the EVOLUTION is. I have reached out to Revere. Does anyone know if the EVOLUTION is the similarr to the Okna series 500/800 or champion?

KC needs windows

#6 Post by KC needs windows »

WoW can YOU please call me, one of your guys came out, great guy but mentioned something about the install that has me puzzled. it is opposite anything any other contractor has stated about the install.

I was the 10:30 appt in Stafford yesterday. I forgot your salemans name

fridge2020

#7 Post by fridge2020 »

Revere? ...YIKES! Revere is Alside relabeled. Take that for what its worth. I'd recommend a thorough websearch so that you can make a fair judgement on that product, for better or worse.

KC needs windows

#8 Post by KC needs windows »

What an experience. I had it down to two. Vedors/ windows. When I asked the vendor for the windows CPD number so that i could look them up, because I knew they were rebranded. I never heard from them again. I guess they didn't like an informed customer.

I was just trying to get an apples to apples potential comparison to justify their high price for that Revere window. Ironically this was known as a high pressure sales group.. Oh well.

I chose the Okna 800 with WOW. Let's see how they both perform. ( installer and window). And I. Changed my mind, went with 13 units instead of the 6 I was originally looking for.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#9 Post by masterext »

I guarantee you will be very impressed with the Okna 800 and equally as impressed with " Windows on Washington's" installation. as a company, they are in a league of their own.

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. I've worked with Eric personally, and I can vouch for the fact that you are in good hands. Top notch organization over at Windows on Washington... Be sure to post back with your thoughts after the install. :D

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#11 Post by Window4U (IL) »

KC needs windows wrote:
and a third brand "evolution" which is a custom branding, through Revere through AMI,
Installation Company has been around for a long time, good install , great warranty, they cover it 100% beyond manf warranty for life, more money than others.

I am an apples to apples guy or as best i can. I need help fining out what the heck the EVOLUTION is. I have reached out to Revere. Does anyone know if the EVOLUTION is the similar to the Okna series 500/800 or champion?
I've never understood private branding of windows. It seems all it does is to make it very hard for both customers (and competitors) to know what you're selling. The question to me is "WHY?". A company must be pretty ashamed of the window to disquise what it is that they are selling. Plus, they are making it near impossible for potential customers who research before they buy to do the research.
Another problem arises if the installation company goes out of business and you start making calls to get parts for your "Evolution" windows. No one will know what you're talking about.
My advice to anyone... Run from companies who do business this way.

BTW, great choice KC on your choice of windows and dealer.