Okna 500 Deluxe versus non Deluxe

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jbrandwein

Okna 500 Deluxe versus non Deluxe

#1 Post by jbrandwein »

Hello gentleman,

I am reaching out hopefully one last time regarding the new windows that were just installed. I am very happy with the windows and installation (Okna 500 Deluxe), but I do have one question that I am hoping to get some non-biased information. Somehow, the grid pattern on 3 sets of my smaller DH windows were incorrectly made (they did 6/6 instead of 4/4 which looked ridiculous). The contractor didn't blink twice and ordered me new sashes immediately. They came in today and I noticed that on some of the windows they say DH500/5500DH and others just say DH500. Also, some says foamfilled=1 and others say foamfilled=0 (all say structural =G).

Any ideas why some would say foamfilled=0 or why some don't have 5500DH? Shouldn't all deluxe windows have the foam filled?

Thanks once again for your help!

Windows on Washington

Re: Okna 500 Deluxe versus non Deluxe

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Deluxe units should be foam filled.

Should be easy enough to check and verify.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Do not worry about the DH500 vs 5500DH, they are the same sash.

The foam filled question I can not answer for you, you need to have your dealer research and answer that one.
TheWindowNerd

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Your dealer would of had to give the ordering department your original Order # to re-order new sashes as they won't make them otherwise. The computerized input would of insured they were made with the same exact options as the originals.

jbrandwein

#5 Post by jbrandwein »

Thanks everyone. My dealer forwarded the e-mail Okna sent them and it stated almost exactly what windows4u said. Basically, the sticker on sashes don't really mean much; it is there for production as another fail safe in case something was missed putting in the order (and they are even doing away with it soon since no one even looks at it). All deluxe windows automatically have the foam fill.