leaky and drafty windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Dennis Zurko

leaky and drafty windows

#1 Post by Dennis Zurko »

My name is Dennis Zurko:

When we purchased our Town house we found that our Nine original windows were singel stage windows and leaked air. We began to think about new windows to reduce our up-coming heating bills and also enjoy the comfort of our home. We began a search for new windows and a new slidding door and thought we had done a good job on reserach.

We were sold on the vinyl max radience windows 5500 and we got a contractor who sold the radience window through ABC supply and we had the windows installed proffesionaly in May of 2012. To our surprise we are having the same problem we had with the old windows (leaking and drafty windows). Currently we are forced to keep our blinds closed on our windows in order not have the the cold air rushing into our home.

Is there any help our there? We tried contacting the installers and thier is no answer.

Sincerely,
Dennis Zurko

HomeSealed

Re: leaky and drafty windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

That is very disheartening Dennis. I cannot vouch for that specific product, however you obviously have some sort of problem be it product or installation related based on your description. If your installation company is out of business, your best bet would be to contact the manufacturer directly and/or ABC supply. Oftentimes distributors such as ABC will service the product for their dealers/clients.
One way or the other, you should get some assistance from one of those two parties.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Dennis,

Can you post up some pictures of the windows in question?

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Were the original windows wood or aluminum?
My suggestion is to pay a good and honest pro for 1 hour of their time to site visit and review the install.
You could have poor performing window and or a bad install.
That is why I always recomend a window with <.05 AI, most windows do not meet this criteria and leak to much air.
TheWindowNerd