Confused about windows options in Dallas/Fort Worth

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Ruth

Confused about windows options in Dallas/Fort Worth

#1 Post by Ruth »

Been doing a lot of research and more confused with each company/installer I research. Can you give me some feedback on the following companies to replace between 6-10 windows (this is phase one and will do 20+ windows later when it fits the budget). Trying to find energy efficient windows with quality/warranty at a reasonable price. Don't want cheap vinyl windows as i would like them to have lifetime/great warranty for the product. Plan to stay in the hours for years. Can't afford (or justify) to spend $1000+ on each window.

Amerimax
Champion double hung with comfort 365 glass
JeldWen (Lowes)
Marvin Infinity
Pella 350 series with Glass 366
Pella Emcompass
Renewal by Anderson (Home Depot)
Sunrise Restorations with Omega 12 Glass or Ultra Ar90 glass
Any other great windows to consider in Dallas/Fort Worth?

Thanks for your expertise

Windows on Washington

Re: Confused about windows options in Dallas/Fort Worth

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Of that group, I think the Sunrise is probably the best option.

There are a couple of contributing posters that serve Texas and Dallas.

You can find a bunch more research in this thread. You would be well served to give them a ring: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5673

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. The Sunrise would be my choice of that bunch... You have a couple different materials there with different pros and cons, so it would be best to first assess your goals for the project, and narrow your choices from there. If randy or anthony serve your area they would certainly be my first point of contact. Both are tremendous guys. :D

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I also agree that the Sunrise would be the best of what you mention, and by along shot.
How many windows do you have?

Ruth

#5 Post by Ruth »

Thanks for the comments. Sunrise is much more than others. Would champion or pella be the next best choice? Anthony or randy - which company are you with?

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Ruth, to see if randy or anthony cover your area, you would simply hit their "Get a Quote" button and enter that zip. :D
You might consider looking for an alternate Sunrise dealer, or finding someone that uses Softlite. I'm personally not bonkers about the rest of your choices for various reasons, but there could be regional differences that would render my opinion off base... I'll let the TX guys weigh in on that. :wink:

TheWindowNerd

#7 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I consistently work with Pella, Andersen, InLine, and HiMark.
Also we do a small volume of Sunrise, Softlite, and Marvin.
We are independent so that we can meet the needs of our customers, many companies are bent on you meeting there need and makeing their product offering work for you.
The Marvin Infinity is an interesting option, though I like the InLine fiberglass better.
The Sunrise option you had priced has a premium glass package which is appropriate for your area. That and dealer mark up may make that cost high.
We all deal with a budget as a concern, but really we want the best value.
Spending $1 for a pound of beef may be cheap but is it the value you are looking for, $30 a pound propably is not the value you are looking for either.
Pella 350 or encompass are not great choices for several reasons.
I know that Randy or one of our associates would be better able to help you with both product selection and installation.

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Ruth,
I suggest that you contact Randy, "Get a Quote".
He will be able the provide the product and service you need at a fair price.

katydee

#9 Post by katydee »

I need some help in the Houston area about replacement windows. My house is 30 years old. The two companies I have quotes from are suggesting Burris AC series and Craftsman. Are these good windows? I don't want to break the bank on this but I have 50 windows in my house! :(
Any suggestions?

Windows on Washington

#10 Post by Windows on Washington »

My most comprehensive suggestion would be to slow down and contact "Randy" from this board.

You can find him in this thread here and click on his name to get connected directly to him: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5809

There is not a better option in Houston by a long shot and Randy and his company are top-flight. You will not find a more knowledgeable, ethical, and professional window contractor in your application.