Question on Power HRG

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
lwaite

Question on Power HRG

#1 Post by lwaite »

Question - I had a free estimate for replacement windows. My house is about 50 years old, and currently the windows are single pane aluminum windows. I have about 6 windows that are about 72inches wide, about 8 that are between 94-95 inches and about 4 small window. I was I was given an estimate of about $33,000 for a life-time warranty virgin vinly windows.

My alarm went off when I found out that the tax credit was just extended and it is only up to $200 and not the $500 I was told. Something small, but I figure if someone tell small lies than I always question the other information.

Anyone know about Power Home Remodeling Group? I have a sister that used Thompson Creek, and she was fine with them.

HomeSealed

Re: Question on Power HRG

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

I'll refrain from commenting on specific dealers, but in general, you can get a premium vinyl window some where in the range of $500's-$900's per unit (average is probably $600's) depending on options, installation circumstances etc. I'd recommend avoiding the high-pressure sales variety as well, as the "fast-talking" product demos are generally meant to divert attention away from important things like performance ratings. Get quotes from some solid, small-medium sized local companies as well, and compare the product (U value, air infiltration ratings, etc), as well as the level of comfort and trust that you feel with them.
Again, my comments are not directed at any specific company, but certainly you can do some quick searching online to find out the kind of company that you are dealing with. :wink:

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

If the 6 - 6 footers are triple casements and the 8 - 8 footers are quad casements and the 4 are singles, you could easily be in the $25,000+ range depending on the product, color and options. More details from you would be helpful.

As far as the credit, the maximum for energy efficient improvements for your home is $500, but the max for the window portion of that is $200. He could have been confused.

fridge2020

#4 Post by fridge2020 »

Window4U (IL) wrote:If the 6 - 6 footers are triple casements and the 8 - 8 footers are quad casements and the 4 are singles, you could easily be in the $25,000+ range depending on the product, color and options. More details from you would be helpful.

As far as the credit, the maximum for energy efficient improvements for your home is $500, but the max for the window portion of that is $200. He could have been confused.
That would = 54 total units... From my limited knowledge, the dealers in question are in the $1000+ per opening neighborhood, so I am guessing that is not the case here. Just speculating :wink:

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

lwaite, after looking back at the options that you've presented, I'm going to guess that you may fall in the service area of Windows on Washington. If that is the case, I'd highly recommend contacting him (Get a quote button by his name). In comparison to your other options, you'll find :
-a superior product as confirmed by the independently tested thermal and structural performance ratings
- a better value/price proposition

More subjectively, I could not recommend anyone with more confidence. Excellent company, and more importantly, excellent people. Don't take my word for it, WoW is one of the most highly respected and prolific contributors to this and other forums/blogs across the web. You would be doing yourself a serious disservice if you did not at least consult him for your project.

randy

#6 Post by randy »

More subjectively, I could not recommend anyone with more confidence. Excellent company, and more importantly, excellent people. Don't take my word for it, WoW is one of the most highly respected and prolific contributors to this and other forums/blogs across the web. You would be doing yourself a serious disservice if you did not at least consult him for your project.
I couldn't agree more. You won't find a better guy to do business with.

lwaite

#7 Post by lwaite »

Thanks for the input. Masterext - I live in Maryland...about 15 miles outside of DC.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#8 Post by masterext »

There is a pro who frequents these boards called " windows on Washington". He is a true professional and just a very nice guy. I am certain he carries most of the aforementioned brands, I would search above for his post and click his contact button.