Nuimage Windows in Anaheim, CA

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
JeepinJ

Nuimage Windows in Anaheim, CA

#1 Post by JeepinJ »

I'm thinking about hiring Nuimage windows to replace 12 windows in my house, mainly due to they blow everyone out of the water price wise. only problem i'm having is they make their own windows and can't find too many reviews.
on this site if i do a search i see something about a fraud nuimage windows on feb 18th, but can't pull it up. anyone have imput?

jeff1995

Re: Nuimage Windows in Anaheim, CA

#2 Post by jeff1995 »

I am in the Los Angeles area. I have not heard of Nuimage myself, but did read the same article. I would check the BBB for a start. Yelp for better info. Check the NFRC web site for more info, if listed, on their product performance. Their site did show that they used another name. Go to the CA.gov site and check on any license updates and such. READ and understand all warranties.
Good Luck in your project.
As an aside, what other companies did you use to compare with Nuimage?

JeepinJ

#3 Post by JeepinJ »

I was only able to see a title about the fraud thing, but couldnt find the whole thing to read, were you able to? I've checked them with all the sites and even have asked the company directly about the name change and such. they said they only changed there name due to another company claiming to have rights to it, which i did find the other comany. but other then that i've checked it all out seems some what legit.

other companies i checked into were Lowes, Home Depot, Design Windows and Doors Inc, and Republic Windows (which i did like the most except for the price)

jeff1995

#4 Post by jeff1995 »

Not a big fan of the 'box' stores as they can offer lower end products when it comes to windows. Try and get a quote for Simonton or Superior windows. Respected names here in the area. They will have a budget line that you would be interested in. In my experience, low price and no name products should be avoided. If you must decide on price make sure you do your proper research on the product.

JeepinJ

#5 Post by JeepinJ »

with Republic I have a quote for a little over 5k for 12 windows; Ply Gem 200 tripple pane windows. I really like the company, but its almost $1,500 which also has me worried about the NuImage since they are so low

jeff1995

#6 Post by jeff1995 »

Not familiar with Republic. Like Ply-Gem (West Coast ) But using your $5000 figure or any other total cost just divide by 12 and you have $416.67. Depending on your window sizing and options this could be somewhat average cost for better brands offered in this area. Remember, check out Yelp, Angies list, or the like, and the Ca.gov site for reviews and licensing. VERY important.

JeepinJ

#7 Post by JeepinJ »

that price is for more then just windows being replaced, we are having the old wooden window sills taken out and windows being made flush to the outside. house was built in 59 so trying to update it some.

here is Replubics website
http://www.republicwindows.net/

nice thing is there warranty, its life time and for window problems they will deal with Ply Gem for us which would make it nice if anything is needed.

NuImage is way less and they will do trim around our already sliding glass door, however they are a "no name" window maker which claims to be life time, but who knows how long they will be around.

JeepinJ

#8 Post by JeepinJ »

I still can't seem to pull up the Fraud notice as i first said, i can only pull up the title or the article... did you have any luck?

jeff1995

#9 Post by jeff1995 »

I can not help with the article. With the extra labor you mentioned, the divide by 12 rule is not going to work in your project. Just follow up with your due diligence and ensure your contract specs out the Brand name, Model name, all options you want in your windows. Spell out all labor.

NURSEBETTY

#10 Post by NURSEBETTY »

I had Steve come to my house from NUIMAGE. He was very friendly and knowledgeable (and cute) ha ha. I ordered the windows and had them installed last week and they did a great job. The windows look so amazing and it did not cost me a fortune. I had 3 other estimates that were so ridiculously high. I did some homework on the company before committing and they used to be called INFINITY windows and had to change the name for some reason. But I called 2 other previous customers and they both were very satisfied. One of them had their windows installed 3 years ago. I would recommend them highly! :D

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#11 Post by Window4U (IL) »

NURSEBETTY wrote:I had Steve come to my house from NUIMAGE. He was very friendly and knowledgeable (and cute) ha ha. I ordered the windows and had them installed last week and they did a great job. The windows look so amazing and it did not cost me a fortune. I had 3 other estimates that were so ridiculously high. I did some homework on the company before committing and they used to be called INFINITY windows and had to change the name for some reason. But I called 2 other previous customers and they both were very satisfied. One of them had their windows installed 3 years ago. I would recommend them highly! :D
I'm glad you are happy Steve!

Windows on Washington

#12 Post by Windows on Washington »

Window4U (IL) wrote:
NURSEBETTY wrote:I had Steve come to my house from NUIMAGE. He was very friendly and knowledgeable (and cute) ha ha. I ordered the windows and had them installed last week and they did a great job. The windows look so amazing and it did not cost me a fortune. I had 3 other estimates that were so ridiculously high. I did some homework on the company before committing and they used to be called INFINITY windows and had to change the name for some reason. But I called 2 other previous customers and they both were very satisfied. One of them had their windows installed 3 years ago. I would recommend them highly! :D
I'm glad you are happy Steve!

Hilarious. Seems like an interesting first post to put it mildly.

HomeSealed

#13 Post by HomeSealed »

Don't know anything about the company, but it sounds like some serious vetting is in order if you are considering them... Name changes typically are not made for the fun of it in this industry.

randy

#14 Post by randy »

Name changes typically are not made for the fun of it in this industry.
I was thinking the same thing, however, their old name was Infinity Windows, and it very well could be that Marvin has trademarked the name and made them give it up.

Still worth spending some time checking out though.

JeepinJ

#15 Post by JeepinJ »

I did check into the name change, they did change there name due to the other company following up with legal battle or something like that. I checked all of there lic#'s and all of that and called many people, even went to there factory which is in town. place seems legit, only real thing is taking the leap of faith of them being there when i need a warranty.
seems the company has been around for over 15 years so they've already lived past 2008 when most smaller companies shut down. I did go ahead and hire them, haven't had them installed yet... i'll let you all know how it goes.
all in all they were 2k less then other places. for alls i know they are going to be the next big window making company, and then again for alls i know they are going to be the next window company to flop. but for the money i'm saving i'm willing to take the risk right now in life.