Serious vinyl windows

A place to talk about the Window Industry
HomeSealed

Serious vinyl windows

#1 Post by HomeSealed »

http://www.windowanddoor.com/news-item/ ... ous-energy
So the fiberglass line was sold back to Alpen, and now the vinyl line is sold back to Kensington... Looks like Serious is done with the window biz.

randy

Re: Serious vinyl windows

#2 Post by randy »

Good riddance. Now if we could just get rid of their enablers.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

randy wrote:Good riddance. Now if we could just get rid of their enablers.
LOL. You got that right! :lol:

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

randy wrote:Good riddance. Now if we could just get rid of their enablers.
Please...please...please....Do this!!!

fridge2020

#5 Post by fridge2020 »

I wonder what happens with the warranty?

Window4U (IL)

#6 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Most likely the two companies that bought their company back from Serious will honor the warranties, though to be sure you should call if you have their windows.
Or, you could call the White House and ask for the warranty department. :P

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Window4U (IL) wrote:Most likely the two companies that bought their company back from Serious will honor the warranties, though to be sure you should call if you have their windows.
If they do that, that will be a nice shift as compared to some previous window company purchases. Just saying... :roll:

randy

#8 Post by randy »

Now who could you be referring to? :? I still say that's was one of the worst thought out purchases ever made in this industry, and definitely the worst executed.

Window4U (IL)

#9 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Windows on Washington wrote:
Window4U (IL) wrote:Most likely the two companies that bought their company back from Serious will honor the warranties, though to be sure you should call if you have their windows.
If they do that, that will be a nice shift as compared to some previous window company purchases. Just saying... :roll:
True dat.
I just figured since they both have been the owners of their companies for all but a couple years they might cover the warranties. Otherwise, what do they say?... our warranty is good for all windows made before 2010 and after 2012? That would be awkward.
Hopefully, Serious put a monetary allowance in the sale to allow for future warranty items by those who recently bought windows.

randy

#10 Post by randy »

Otherwise, what do they say?... our warranty is good for all windows made before 2010 and after 2012? That would be awkward.
Yes that would be awkward. Kind of like telling homeowners that the validity of their lifetime warranty depends on the loyalty of their installing contractor to the company who now owns their manufacturer.

mellowyellow

#11 Post by mellowyellow »

Hello, was wondering if anyone could help me out. Recently purchased the american craftsman 70 series from home depot. They have the red locked indicator on window locks. After i made purchase i noticed the window was marked on receipt as a 8500 REBUILT WITH FRAME SIZE. The salesman said it is the same window. Its my understanding that he has this same window in his home and he said for the price it is a decent window. I got 18 windows for 3,052.00 after 15% discount. The salesman seems to be honest and i dont think they get commision on sale at home depot. Do you know if the 70 series is accually the 8500? Is this a decent window for the price. Allentown area in Pa. Thanks

Windows on Washington

#12 Post by Windows on Washington »

Check the NFRC label for a CPD number. Look that up on the NFRC and you will be able to confirm the exact maker and window.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#13 Post by masterext »

I am somewhat baffled why you chose american craftsman?

mellowyellow

#14 Post by mellowyellow »

The reason i purchased the window was because i am limited to price and i trusted the salesman at home depot. I did notice that some people made comments about these windows, the 8500 series window seals leak just after 3 years or so. What do you think about the windows and seals leaking only after a couple years? Thanks

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#15 Post by masterext »

Unfortunately you trusted a guy who knows absolutely nothing about windows. American craftsman are total garbage windows and the fact that they are leaking isnt surprising, in fact i would say its normal for a low quality/ cheap window. Im sorry for being so blunt but i am just being honest.