Alside 8000 vs Schuco

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#16 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I don't doubt the Nfrc numbers. They have been mentioned many times here over the last couple years as a .19. The reason I asked for a link for that part is that my browser (using a mac) must not be seeing all the numbers. They have switched recently to making the site friendly for WindowsXP only. It's the only site I am ever on that is like this.
I have never seen the data and was wondering if I was looking in the wrong place, or if it was my computer for sure. Everything is screwed up no matter what browser I use. On my screen I don't even see the triple listed, but I know they have it.

The main reason I asked for the links is because of the air infiltration numbers. From what I have understood, they were not even close to Schuco...but I could be wrong. I have been before.

InfoSponge

#17 Post by InfoSponge »

If you are having issues browsing for the specific numbers, you might be able to jump directly to a CPD number and get the relevant window data. Try this:
http://cpd.nfrc.org/pubsearch/psLineDet ... 025_noline

The NFRC web site could definitely stand a few user interface improvements.

I think you are right that Alside isn't in the same league as Schuco with respect to air infiltration numbers.

Window4U (IL)

#18 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Hey, that worked! Thanks.
I have Apple's new 2.16 Ghz Macbook Pro, so I can now dual boot and run Windows XP if I want to. I could see it in the latest version of Internet Explorer that way, but I think I'll pass. No sense getting my new laptop all full of windows viruses, spyware, and the such. :shock:

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#19 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

Thanks infosponge for getting it straight I think. I have a lot of conflicting info. The Alside Sheffield which is the Preservation and 8000 series showed an air test of .09. The new Preservation brochure doesn't give a # and a 8000 brochure shows Two numbers .09 and .13 for two different sizes. window4u I got the Schuco #'s from a Schuco dealer.........word of mouth..........not true? Maybe you could set me straight. Infosponge who actually has the latest and most correct info?

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#20 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

One more thing window4u there is always doubt with the nfrc. I've found quite a few mistakes on there site.

InfoSponge

#21 Post by InfoSponge »

The Alside DH model 501 (Sheffield) does score an acceptable .09 here:
http://www.alsidewindows.net/Docs/test_ ... f/0501.pdf

The Alside Preservation DH scores a fairly poor .15 - .17 (especially for such an expensive window):
http://www.alsidewindows.net/Docs/test_ ... f/9001.pdf

I've heard the Schuco DH windows are around .02, and the casements/picture go as low as .01/.00, but nobody seems to have a reliable source for the numbers (a testing report, a direct link to the Schuco web site, etc.). If Schuco puts up a decent web site someday, maybe we can settle this once and for all... :)
Last edited by InfoSponge on Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Window4U (IL)

#22 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I just found it in some paperwork which states .02 for doublehungs (as tested by National Certified Testing Labs, York, PA.)