Problem with customer service

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
h2yamyk

Problem with customer service

#1 Post by h2yamyk »

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you industry experts can lend me an ear and some advice on how to handle my situation.

We're out here in Southern California, replaced the windows in our entire house with one company/brand (to remain nameless). When they installed the windows, the installation crew damaged our roof - we have a red ceramic tile roof. They broke about 15 tiles. This was on Jan. 10. The crew admitted the damage and said the company would take care of it. Customer service has been beyond poor/flakey. First, they had to source and order the correct tiles, then a roofer was to come out and view the roof. Now, we are waiting for them to install, but every step has been painfully drawn out and the customer service representative simply does not call us back. It has been 4 full months now, and it has rained heavily on our roof about a dozen times. I'm getting so angry. Just this morning, I called the owner and left him a message. We spent 15K for new windows, and were good/easy to deal with customers. I do not feel I am being treated with any respect.

Do you have any advice on how better to deal with this? I'm really not one to go and sue someone, I just want my darn roof tiles fixed. Shouldn't the crew have had some method to NOT break them in the first place? I mean, these tiles are common where I live. Everyone knows they are fragile...some apparatus to disperse the weight.... something???

Any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

You should have access to their liability insurance information through the state licensing. File a claim with their insurance provider for damage to your roof. Don't wait any longer or give them any more chances. Just get it done by roofing professionals. They obviously don't have the skill or knowledge to put this roof repair together and get it done. Good luck.

h2yamyk

#3 Post by h2yamyk »

Thank you for your reply.

If you don't mind me asking ... so would the first step be to contact their insurance? Or to get the job done on my own, and then contact insurance for reimbursement?

Guy

#4 Post by Guy »

If your roof is leaking or it's a serious issue to repair hire it out. I would then just file a claim in your local small claims court to collect your fee's. You could also contact their insurance company and file a claim at the same time. The insurance company may play some games where the judge will not. Also find your initial payment check to find out what bank they used for your payment. If you win your judgement and they don't pay off you can take it right out of their account!!! Sometimes you just have to drop the gloves and let them have it!! Good Luck!!!